“Les rapaces & parrots”
Review of Rocher des Aigles

Rocher des Aigles
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Rocamadour
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Good show, the falconers show you the birds close up and talk to you 1 on 1. Easy to get to well signed. Good facilities nearby.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have to confess this isn't something I like to do as I hate to see birds in cages but my husband was keen so we went. It was in fact a pleasant afternoon and the birds seemed incredibly happy and well cared for. There are a range of owls, vultures, eagles, parrots and other birds of prey. We were there for the 4pm show which was very well done. Unfortunately for us our French is not that good and the whole show is in French but they give you a guide in English so you have some idea what is going on. The parrots flying is an amazing splash of colour and my favourite part of the show. Unusually for this sort of attraction (in the UK anyway), they allowed the dog in which is so much better than having to leave her in the car.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

The patron was clearly strongly involved in conservation. We saw displays of vultures, eagles, various hawks and parrots plus a separate owl show at the end of the afternoon. The shows were in French and he talked a lot, but I don't think it is right to deduct any marks for this as it is after all in France! They provided an excellent English guide book to explain the main points of the show and the characteristics of the birds.

1  Thank Chris50259
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I've seen quite a lot of birdshows in Europe and the USA but this one is definitely the best one I know. It's educational and entertaining and even interactive as they bring you in very close contact with the birds.

1  Thank ascp
Reviewed 15 October 2012

It was very hot to stand out in the full sun in July, but the display of birds flying free and returning was excellent. There is a wide range of birds including eagles and other birds of prey, owls etc. For me one highlight was seeing the eagles set free and flying right past, close to us. Another was the Egyptian eagle (? I think?) using stones to break hard egg shells in order to eat the contents. The purpose of this centre is education and protection of the birds, definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Pelerine63