Le Terminus des Pelerins
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Rocamadour
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Situated on the main pedestrianised throughfare of Rocamadour and right below the towering cliffs and building above. Our room had a beautiful balcony overlooking the valley and was clean, bright and entirely functional. The hosts could not have been more welcoming. Internet access via the plug-in adaptor provided at no-cost by reception is absolutely abysmal, worse than my old dial-up router of a decade ago! I recommend that you make other arrangements to get on-line. Parking is always going to be challenging in Rocamadour, there is some available just opposite the Hotel dependent upon your luck. The beauty of staying in Le Terminus is that you can walk out of the front door and straight into the heart of one of the most extraordinary towns in all of France. To stay at least one night in Rocamadour should be on everyone's "Bucket List" and you could do a lot worse than choosing to spend that night in Le Terminus des Pelerins.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony with a view over the valley.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tilkobling

Reviewed 15 July 2011

I spent one night last May in a double room for single use with a private balcony overlooking the valley -- a lovely place to relax.

The two women who staffed the hotel while I was there could not have been more accomodating. One spoke English quite well and with greater skill than confidence. The other woman’s English was more limited, but still far better than my French; our interactions were brief, but her warmth came through every exchange. Both women clearly communicated their welcome in multiple ways. As examples, the e-mails I sent to the hotel in advance of my trip were answered promptly and with clear and informative responses. And they ensured that I would be able to use one of the few parking spots near the hotel and insisted on carrying the suitcase to my room. (I travel with only what I can carry and there is a parking lot outside the city wall, not far from the hotel, but I definitely appreciated the service they provided.)

One can ask to have breakfast served in one’s room at no extra charge, so I ate mine on my balcony – it was a perfect way to start my day. The breakfast was good and of high quality; it is a Continental breakfast and so more limited than would generally be available at a buffet breakfast, but I thought the options and quality reasonable for the price of 8 euro.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KJA3
Reviewed 1 October 2010

My wife and I ate here in September while visiting Racamadour. It looked a little touristy from the outside, but the inside seemed inviting with a sunny terrace overlooking the valley. We each had the vegetable soup and duck/sausage cassoulet, with a half carafe of rose'. The soup was at or near boiling temperature (a clue) when served as was the cassoulet. After cooling down to a reasonable degree, we found the soup tasteless like a watery paste and the cassoulet horrible. We could eat only a few spoons of the beans and the duck leg after which we passed on the cheese. The wine was mediocre and did little to help with the ensuing indigestion. I don't know about the hotel facility, but buy a sandwich somewhere else and avoid the restaurant. Larry & Kelly

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RoseAlee
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Although the room was small (to be expected in an ancient building), it certainly met our needs and the balcony overlooking the valley was a wonderful bonus. We had booked ahead and were graciously greeted. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was good.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JandBVictoriaBC
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This was a comfortable hotel with a great view from the room we had. There is a restaurant attached which serves good food, and that is where we took our breakfasts. It is at the far end of Rocamadour near the steps to the top. The owner was very nice and hospitable, and the service was excellent. The rooms were a little sparse, but enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DRT1404
Reviewed 29 August 2008

Hotel is OK, but the restaurant has overpriced, bad food.
It's one of the most expensive restaurants in rocamadour - and it was incredibly disappointing.
The dessert was too sweet, watery and had a strange consistency.
The meat was overcooked. The "truffle" omelette did not taste like truffle at all (the mushrooms seemed to be dried, tasted old, and had lost their scent.. this dish costs ~ 50UDS, mind you!)

And the staff does not understand the concept of customer service.
Some say it's a French thing, but I had much better service in other restaurants in France - so it is not a French thing. This was just not a good place.

Yeah, eat elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank 11travelbug
Reviewed 26 October 2007

We stayed in this hotel in early October for one night. We were traveling through France with no real plans and decided to go to Rocamadour after reading reviews. We arrived late in the afternoon and were concerned with finding a room. Although there appeared to be many hotels in the area we wanted to stay within the medieval city. We drove up from the valley on a small back road and found a parking space. I went into the first hotel and they said they didn’t have any rooms as they had a group. When I asked where they would recommend they just said on the street! So I looked around and there didn’t appear to be any hotels above so I walked down, down and down a whole lot of stairs to what appeared to be the main street. I found the Hotel Le Terminus des Pelerins went in and inquired and yes they had a room. The first man I asked was behind the bar in the restaurant (they don’t really have a reception desk) he was very nice and took off to find the woman who appeared to be in charge. She came and very warmly greeted me and checked me in.

Our room had a comfortable bed, nothing really special about the furnishings but ample room. There was a chair and desk as well as a closet. The bathroom was of good size and everything was clean. Our room faced the Valley and the view was incredible! We just kept sitting in front of that window and looking out at the scenery. We ate dinner in the hotel and it was very good. They have a patio for outdoor seating that overlooks the valley as well and the view is so wonderful.

There is only one real street to the city and there are many restaurants a few hotels and many shops. Most of the shops were closed as we arrived late and there are only the people that are staying in the hotels left in the city. We did discover that there are many parking lots to park your car on this level so you don’t have to walk up or Down the stairs.

The best things about this hotel are the location and the staff. They were so accommodating and gave you the impression that they were so happy to have you staying there. There was real warmth to their service. Their rates were also very reasonable for the room and the meals. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to spend a night at this beautiful place.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family