La Maison Toulouse
US$116
US$201
US$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewswonderful hostsfamily kitchenwonderful poola great staynatalie
Reviewed 24 March 2014

In March 2014 I stayed in “La Maison Toulouse” for a couple of days. Their website looked promising and since it appeared to be only 30 minutes walking distance from the meeting I had to attend, I booked the room with the best view, which was described to me as the green room.

Despite the late hour of arrival, my welcome was warm and personal. It reminded me of a television series “No going back” where people migrate to start a new life abroad. The place has been restored and looks absolutely fabulous and well taken care off. My room was nice and quiet, the bed was excellent, the bathroom spacious and clean. The hosts were really kind, hospitable and world-wise. I had plenty of opportunity to either retreat to my room or seek for their good company. Natalie was so gentle to drop me off at my meeting every morning before walking the dogs in the park.

Not exaggerating I genuinely believe this was one of the best places I ever stayed during a work-related mission abroad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Natalie and Robert at La Maison Toulouse! They were wonderful hosts, welcoming us like family and offering excellent assistance and advice in many ways - such as restaurants, places to visit during other parts of our trip, and directions to the Metro, etc. Our stay included two separate visits. The accommodations are spotless, spacious, comfortable, and with beautiful surroundings. Breakfast was excellent with fresh croissants, a variety of jams and jellies (some very special...:)), fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, teas, and everything we could want. We highly recommend La Maison Toulouse to any traveler. And the location is very convenient to downtown and the Toulouse Airport. Thank you, Natalie and Robert! A most memorable time with you...

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious, with beautiful views of the surrounding grounds. A must stay while in Toulouse! And very convenient to the Metro.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had a great stay here before heading back home, it helped ease the transition back to "real" life.
The location is out of town but close to the excellent Toulouse metro so the centre is extremely accessible.
Really friendly hosting and its quite nice to eat breakfast in the family kitchen, also you are guaranteed a good cup of tea!

We didn't get around to using the pool as the weather misbehaved but I'm sure it would be great on a nice day.
Buddy and Timmy also made a four legged appearance making things even more homely.

Do make sure you pay attention to the details supplied regarding location as sat navs do get it really wrong.
Check on a map or google the co-ordinates.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful stay in La Maison.At the last minute my husband was unable to accompany us on holiday and Natalie and Robert the hosts really went out of their way to look after myself and my teenage daughter,including running us to the aiport and sharing a lovely meal with their charming family.The accomodation is beautiful and spotlessly clean with lovely personal touches The bedroom was vey spacious with a huge en suite bathroom and a really comfortable bed with crisp white linen.We have travelled around France and this is by far the most superior accomodation we have stayed in and coupled with the warmth of the hosts we had a wonderful relaxing time .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

A great oasis snuggled in the roundabouts and ringroad spaghetti ten mins from the airport. Actually secluded in nice grounds and a sleepy pool it is in a somewhat strangled urban location and because of the baffling road system it is very hard to find. You definitely need sat nav - I spent an hour trying to get back from the local metro station which in reality is a 5 min drive (through a mega commercial complex with multiple blind turnings and roundabouts going no where).

But it is worth it because it is actually close to the centre (good metro access in 15 mins) and the accommodation is good quality, the compound restful and the English welcome warm and attentive from vivacious Natalie (great breakfasts) and charming Robert.

Staying in the main house is lovely but opening windows can be noisy. I think the cottage flats have aircon and are probably a better choice, specially with kids.

Room Tip: The cottage flats are more secluded and have aircon but the main house has more charm.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family