“Nice hotel for a long stay.”

Courtyard Toulouse Airport
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice hotel for a long stay.”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We spent six weeks at the hotel while we did training at Airbus. We definitely enjoyed our stay there. The location is not the best, but it didn't take long to get into downtown via a bus and the subway. It is a 20 euro/10-15 min taxi ride to downtown. We knew the location beforehand, so it wasn't a surprise. There are a few restaurants in St. Martin du Touch, but they are only open for lunch and then after 7pm.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful throughout our stay. The rooms were comfortable and the bed was soft. The curtains in the room let in almost no light, which was helpful when we were doing training in the middle of the night. The area is quiet and I slept with the window open on some cool evenings with no disturbances.

The restaurant was definitely not that expensive. Everything is 10-20 euros. Beers are 7 euros. they had Affligem and Heineken. The food was good and the service was friendly as well. The breakfast was average. The eggs were usually pretty runny and if it got busy, there would be times when there wasn't anything to get and you had to wait for the staff to re stock the buffet. We were able to get them to cook us up eggs on demand, which was nice. The breakfast buffet was from 7am until 930am on weekdays and to 10am on weekends. We did a lot of early morning training events and the night staff always had pastries, coffee/tea, and orange juice out in the lobby, which was nice.

Overall, it was a nice stay, even for lasting more than a month. The staff were the best. I would have no problem staying there again when we return for training.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Essex
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great for a stop over on the way to carcasonne. The room was clean and modern. Nice and quiet. Plenty of parking. Small bar with nice outdoor area to drink next to the pool.
The value for money was excellent. If you want breakfast there is a good selection although the sausages looked a little anaemic!
Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife has stayed here on many occasions and was sad to say that her last 2 visits were dissapointing.[ The Hotel is situated in St Martin not at Blagnac Airpot ]
In the morning at 0745 there was no croissants or orange juice,. When she asked a member of staff they said they would get some more. My wife waited but then gave up and left,
She said the whole atmosphere of the hotel has changed with indifferent staff.
She added the staff seemed young and lacking motivation and direction.
When she checked out she mentioned that twice there was little choice at breakfast,there was no apology and the person said they would note it but did not seem to care.
She said it was sad to see a once great hotel with such a decrease in standards

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quiter
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bristol29
Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2013

thanks to the Marriott Corporation, we've discovered that staying at Courtyard properties in other countries makes sense. A recent overnight in Toulouse convinced us that we had made the right decision.

Marriott has a product; there's a baseline below which they do not fall. I always say that you can't pass a Marriott employee without being greeted pleasantly. Now, this could be a challenge in France, the headquarters (formerly) of the Scowl. We checked in late in the afternoon, arriving with all the other business folks wanting to sell or buy something from Airbus, which is headquartered in Toulouse.

We were signed in by the most efficient, most pleasant reservation employee I think I have ever met. Unfortunately, I can't remember her name (forgive me if this is a no-no, but she was Korean.) This young woman made sure we had the best deal, provided us with taxi tips and offered to have security help us to our room. It's all about the smile and the welcome; add efficiency to that and you have a dynamite combination.

The room was clean, of course; it's Marriott. You don't have to worry about little things like frayed drapes or burnt out light bulbs. (One little peeve--those pillow choices are not very good. Few, if any geese were lost in the making of the feather pillows.)

To summarize; if you find yourself in a location where you need a well run place to spend the night, check out a Courtyard by Marriott property. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MitzouTexas
Mauro C, General Manager at Courtyard Toulouse Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read your comment about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Toulouse Airport. I took the opportunity to thank the team and celebrate with them.

If you allow me I would like to thank SHIM (the Korean lady) with a more personal note and therefore I ask you to contact me at my hotel address cy.tlscy.gm@courtayrd.com in order to match your comment with our internal Marriott profile.

In the meantime I wish you more pleasant stays and a welcome back to the Courtyard soon (I hope).

Mauro Cerutti
Highland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed here the night before my flight. Good place for business stay for one night. Clean and comfortable. They had a restaurant, bar and outdoor seating area which you don't typically get at a courtyard Marriott. I was up at 4 in the morning to catch a flight and the bar was attended and open ready to make me a cup of coffee. One downside was there was only instant coffee in the room. However as early as it was the waiter had a small breakfast area set up for early morning travelers. Had me checked out quickly and notified me that my taxi was running 5 minutes late. Very attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Lambertville, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel two years ago when flying out of Toulouse. We had a wonderful experience from check in to check out while exploring Toulouse and ultimately flying out. We just stayed there again and it has gotten even better! My wife was ill so we called ahead to see if we could check in at noon, a few hours early. We were graciously accommodated with an upgraded room. Room service management checked in about an hour later to see if all was in order and to see if my wife needed anything else. Amazing service. The room was immaculate, in very good condition and very quiet. The front desk reception could not have been more accommodating just as we remembered. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was perfect, lots of choices, both traditional and light fare such as salads. Breakfast the next day was the same, many choices from fresh fruit, baked goods, cheese, on and on. What topped off our stay was our experience with the shuttle bus to the airport on the morning when we left. The bus was full and luggage space was tight. The young female driver rearranged everything and made sure we all made it to the airport and the AirBus stops quickly. All of this with a great outgoing attitude! As I mentioned two years ago, the difference at this hotel is employee attitudes. They cannot do enough for you. Anything you need is done with a smile. I believe management is really great at this hotel and the training for all of these wonderful employees is exemplary. Thanks again for a great experience and we will be seeing you again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John R
San Diego
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending an evening at this Courtyard by Marriott located in a small village very near the airport in Toulouse.

The facility is fantastic and comfortable, the rooms spacious, and the staff professional and hospitable. There is also free parking!

The front desk staff spoke perfect English and was invaluable in obtaining dinner reservations at an excellent restaurant within walking distance. The hotel dropped us off at the restaurant in the property's shuttle and we enjoyed the short stroll back to the hotel.

I cannot reccommend this property and it's staff more highly. We were treated in a very warm and welcoming way and I felt as if they were looking out for our welfare at every turn.

If you have an early flight, or want to stay a bit outside the main city of Toulouse, this new property is an excellent choice for many reasons.

We enjoyed a delicious meal in the restaurant they suggested for us. Restaurant La Flambe had great ambience and attentive ,caring service. We left our camera at the restaurant and the owner dropped it off at the hotel for us later that evening. Amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple