“Problems with the airport shuttle”

Courtyard Toulouse Airport
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Monterey, California
“Problems with the airport shuttle”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Even though it was more expensive than I'd planned, I booked the hotel because I had a 7:15 am flight and wanted an airport hotel with a free shuttle.

As another reviewer noted, the shuttle is small, you can't reserve it until you actually check in, and I was told upon checkin that the 5:30 am shuttle that I needed was full. My options, said the very nice woman at the desk, were to take a later shuttle (pushing the timing very close) or pay for a taxi.

Wi-fi in the rooms is pricey, even though I am a Marriott member, but eventually the staff agreed to comp wi-fi in my room since the shuttle was not available.

The room and bathroom were comfortable with a mini-fridge in the room. I ate in the restaurant (without a car, there are no other alternatives) and the portions were large. It felt like being in the US because of the number of diners speaking English.

When I got to the front desk at 5:20 am, it turned out that there had been a cancellation and I was now on the 5:30 shuttle, which I greatly appreciated.

I'd have given the hotel an additional star, had the shuttle been able to accommodate more people.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ethelethel
Mauro C, Directeur général at Courtyard Toulouse Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am sorry to read that you had some issues with the shuttle.
On the same side I am very happy to read all other positive comments and I thank you for that.

Unfortunately the legislation only allows us to run shuttles up to 8 places. We do have one shuttle and on pick times a second driver that can run a second car.

We always try to improve our service and we will take your comment in consideration when reviewing the schedule for the future.

In the meantime I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again at the Courtyard by Marriott Toulouse Airport.

Mauro C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice to have a free shuttle to and from the airport. We enjoyed the pool and supper in the restaurant. The room was nice. The staff in the whole hotel were friendly and helpful. We bought the little bear at the front desk, the money goes to the local hospital. What a great souvenir of France. We have everything we needed. We walked to the nearby town to shop at the mall and grocery store. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: every room is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel was a disappointment. We selected it as an airport hotel with a shuttle service to the adjoining Toulouse airport but were told after checking in all the early morning shuttles to the airport were full, so we would have to call a taxi. Had we known we would have to call a taxi to get to the airport we would have stayed in a much better hotel in central Toulouse.
The restaurant was open for early dinner, a big plus in France. The food was good but only part of the food ordered was actually served. The room was satisfactory, but the airconditioning was a disaster, alternating between far too hot and far too cold continually without the thermostat being touched, resulting in a very poor night's sleep. The hotel failed to make the booked wake-up call and another guest was put into the taxi with us on departure to the airport, although this reduced the cost by 5 euros. We considered it very overpriced and guests had to pay extra to use the internet in their rooms, always a sign of a poor hotel in this day and age.
Try the Holiday Inn or somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mauro C, General Manager at Courtyard Toulouse Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a negative experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the service failures you experienced.

I would be remiss, however, if I did not mention that it can happen that a suttle can be full at time of reservation, becouse we have to operate with the system of "first come first serve" ; In Toulouse we can only run shuttles with maximum 8 places, as all other Hotels also do.

However according to your comment there are other negative points in the review but we would like to discuss the matter directly so that we can work towards a suitable resolution and restore your faith in our hotel and service team. Please contact myself, or another member of our management team directly at your earliest convenience. You can reach me at +33 5 3439 8000

With best regards
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Close to Airbus and airport. We stayed at weekend and room rate was great value. Rooms are fresh and modern and makes a good business hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Free car parking and just 10 mins car ride to downtown.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mauro C, Directeur général at Courtyard Toulouse Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest

I am very happy to read your comment and to learn that your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Toulouse Airport was satisfactory. My team and I will be more than happy to welcome you again next time when you visit Toulouse or the region.

With best regards

Mauro Cerutti
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is perfect if you are in town to visit Airbus, which is what me and family were in town for. The ladies at the front desk during check-in and check-out were all very cordial and helpful, with them holding our bags safely since we had an evening flight back to Paris. Rooms are nicely appointed and clean. What really impressed my family about this hotel is the restaurant downstairs. We had two meals, a dinner and a lunch the following day. Both meals were excellent, food quality that is unheard of at a Courtyard Marriott in the US.

Only issue that I still have yet to get resolved is points credit for my stay. Although I got the room complimentary via points, I did spend money at the restaurant for two meals. However, no points were ever registered to my account, despite the fact.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sutton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is clean. The rooms are roomy & comfortable. The shuttle from the airport picks you up right outside the C door of the airport. The restaurant has good food & drink, The staff is most helpful to your needs & will assit you any way they can. Great @ helping you in getting around the area, on the bus route of you want to go into town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lansdowne, Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Excellent hotel, modern entrance, lobby, and rooms.

Very convenient if you are going to Airbus Central Entity. Shuttles run you to the security of Airbus.

Restaurant is busy every night and meals are very good. Staff if attentive and service is relatively quick. Could use some additional variety in menu. Pricing for meals is a touch high, but in Hotel.

Not obvious to find. Need a GPS.

Room Tip: Purchase the breakfast option. There is American and European style breakfast food available on a se...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business