“An Eye Opener”

Toulouse Walking Tours
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Toulouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Memorable English speaking walking tours around the city of Toulouse. We offer both Scheduled walks and Private Bookings. Our mission is to help you fall in love with 'La Ville Rose' through walking and talking!
Black Isle
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“An Eye Opener”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife wanted to join Penny's 'Key Sights' Tour around Toulouse. I preferred to do more city exploring. However, rather than be a party pooper, I decided to join her. I have walked the route before but obviously had my eyes shut !
We met outside the Tourist Office in the Place Capitole on a beautiful June morning along with 4 other clients. Introductions were friendly and well handled which resulted in a friendly cohesive group.
Penny is very keen to impart her knowledge which she does in an excellent style punctuated with whatever you want to talk about. The pace is quite casual and there is plenty of time to soak up the information (and to lose it !). Some parts of the walk which I had previously seen now made perfect sense.
Halfway round we enjoyed tea and cake in a quiet leafy cloistered courtyard. With the temperature climbing gradually into the high twenties it was much appreciated.
Overall this is a great tour and we will be booking the 'Beyond the Postcard' tour as soon as possible.
Very enjoyable and many thanks for the restaurant recommendations: we took you up on your vegetarian: excellent food and excellent tour. Many thanks

Visited June 2014
Penny D, Owner at Toulouse Walking Tours, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I'm delighted that you decided to join your wife on the tour and that you both enjoyed the experience, including the tea & cakes! Glad you were pleased with the 'La Faim des Haricots' - it's a favourite of mine. I look forward to welcoming you on the 'Beyond the Postcard' walk on a future visit. Best wishes, Penny

Kentucky
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Pleasant stroll with lots of history”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Penny has developed an excellent walking tour highlighting history, historical sites and unique anecdotes as she guides you through the stroll in downtown Toulouse. She shares a wealth of knowledge old and current. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the morning with Penny and the entire group she was guiding. Amazingly, she has picked the perfect place for a short rest at the right time during the tour, not to mention the small snack and drink during our break.

Visited December 2013
Many thanks for posting your review. I'm really glad that you enjoyed the walk with its mix of old and new together with a mix of anecdotes. I'm also pleased that the half time snack went down well too. Best wishes, Penny
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fabulous tour.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Even if you are familiar with Toulouse, Penny brings to life the history and culture of Toulouse with her fascinating knowledge. Well-paced tour, well-explained history. I plan to go on her other walking tour, Beyond the Postcard, tomorrow. The tour my husband and I went on was the Key Sights Walk, which is what I recommend, even if you know Toulouse.

1 Thank Joaneo
Thank you very much for writing your review. I'm delighted that you found the walking tour 'fascinating', enjoying both its pace and explanations. It was also a pleasure to welcome you on the 'Beyond the Postcard' walk too. Best wishes, Penny
France
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“well worth doing”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've been meaning to do this tour for ages and I'm so glad I finally did it! It's well worth keeping a morning free to explore some of Toulouse. I found it a really good way to get my bearings of the city. Penny your guide, is a fountain of knowledge on Toulouse's history. Yes it's a keysights tour but she even knows all the opening times of museums and other attractions you may spot along the way! The walk is taken at a leisurely pace and covers about 3 km in appromimately 2 hours, but you really don't notice the time or distance! There are plenty of stops and a welcome tea & cake break half way round! Remember your camera and bring a map of the city as Penny will trace the route on it for you so you can re-visit places if you want.

Visited June 2014
Penny D, Owner at Toulouse Walking Tours, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Many thanks for posting your review of the walking tour. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it (and found time - can be hard when you live somewhere to find time amongst the day to day practicalities to do so). Additionally, I'm pleased that you found the pace 'leisurely' and not too demanding! Best wishes, Penny
Pujaudran, France
“A must do!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great tour, taking in the key essential sights in Toulouse, Penny helped us unravel its complex and rich history along with anecdotes and personal refelctions.
I have lived in Toulouse for 17 years now and even I found out little nuggets of information that I wasn't aware of...I would highly recommend the tour (and the tea and cakes!!)

Visited May 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review. I'm really pleased that after 17 years in Toulouse you enjoyed the walking tour, both discovering 'little nuggets' of information and appreciating the tea & cakes! Best wishes, Penny