“Average and pricy not 4 star”

Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole
Ranked #10 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

It's ok but not plush by any standards . 4 stars possibly only due to location in the centre of town.

Rooms are plain . I have stayed in holiday inn express hotels that are better.

Easy walk to shops and places to eat. The location is great and only 25 euro from the airport in a cab

Average buffet breakfast . Good coffee however if you are a caffeine freak like me

Over priced for what it is glad work paid the bill.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leecop67
MERCUREWILSON, Responsable réception at Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
We are undergoing renovations for the room to ensure that the quality level meets your expectations and earns your trust when you next stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in our Mercure Toulouse Wilson.
Yours sincerely,

Front Office Team Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our one night stay worked really well. Good central position to explore Toulouse with parking - although the car park itself is a challenge, especially in a brand new unfamiliar car! Staff were really helpful before and after the stay particularly regarding a package that went the wrong way in the international mail system; they went beyond the norm to help us. Room was simple but quite adequate and comfortable.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
MERCUREWILSON, Responsable réception at Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Perfect hotel right by the city center. Staff is nice and you can enjoy meals there. Only thing is the parking. It's so tights, had a DS4 ( not a huge car) and was hard to get it out. After battling for 20 minutes could get the car out. A part from that I recommend. But for the parking -1 floor is good, otherwise take a VW polo or fiat 500

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comment about your stay at our hotel. My team and I are very grateful for your remarks.
Indeed, our parking is quite tight, and we usually recommend it only for vehicles that do not exceed 1m80.
Still, I believe that it’s a chance to have an underground parking in the city center, with a direct access to the rooms.
Furthermore, note that even with this size restriction, we regularly welcome customers driving SUVs.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Mercure Toulouse Wilson.

Front Office Team Manager

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Met with a smile at Reception. We didn`t have breakfast so couldn`t comment on food. Rooms air-conditioned and comfortable. Beds cosy. Bathroom could do with a revamp, but shower worked well and no steamy mirrors to deal with. Slightly larger, fluffier towels would be great. Mini bar not well stocked, but so what?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MERCUREWILSON, Directeur général at Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,
We have paid a large attention and want to thank you for your comments.
My team and I are very thankful for your compliments.

Hope to keep your confidence with Mercure Network.
Best regards,

Directrice

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The staff are quite friendly, and the hotel is in a good location. However, my bed sheet had some underarm hair left over. So I am not sure if the sheets were changed. Good breakfast. We also got a free goodies bag.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
MERCUREWILSON, Directeur général at Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Regarding your comments about the sheet, i would like to confirm you that there is a person on duty 24 hours a day in all Mercure Hotels. So please, for a next stay feel free to contact the person on duty for us to ensure you our Mercure Quality pact!
Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.
Yours sincerely,
Directrice.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was on a business trip in Toulouse. My client had booked this hideous hotel for me. I have never seen anything like this, and it's supposed to be a four star hotel! First of all, there was a most awful stinging stink all over the place - a detergent, poison to kill in insect or something like that. I have astma, and had really serious breething difficulties (still have, have been at home for three days). Secondly, my room was in the first floor. Could not open the windows, as anyone could have stepped down into my room, no bars in the window. Neither no safety box in the room. In a four star hotel!!! The room was terribly shabby and outworn. And then: there was a Michelin sticker on the hotel door! The Michelin inspector must have been bribed heavily or has never visited the hotel! I simply cannot understand the sticker! An absolutely awful place! Stay away! I moved to another hotel at my own expense during my stay, across the Place Wilson. The one year ago refurbished hotel perfect design hotel cost much less than this awful dump. Please stay away this hotel, there is absolutely no reason to stay there!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MERCUREWILSON, Directeur général at Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Customer,
Firstly, I am sorry that your stay did not go as you wanted and I present you my apologies.
Knowing that I attach particular importance to the quality of service, I'm sorry that you have not alerted my team during your stay. We could not fail to react immediately and give you another room.
In any event, our internal quality measurement tools are from the beginning of the year, overall satisfaction stay at 8.4 / 10.
Therefore If you’ve requested any change from my team on the spot, I’m pretty sure we could have changed your point of view.

Please accept, Madam, the assurances of my most devoted sentiments

General manager

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Staff are pleasant and our mini suite was spacious and reasonably well equipped But room was stifling hot despite opening windows and neither functioning air con nor fan was available . Breakfast ok but food not replenished 15 minutes from end of serving time. Garage all very difficult unless you have a SMART car. Parking bays are tiny and - as the receptionist warned us - there are plenty of pillars to scrape your car on.
Wifi is free via Orange. But as with similar set ups in hotels logging on is cumbersome and the service is only sustained for a few minutes without cutting out, Accor Hotels - check out MacDonalds- they know how to provide wif!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJRG
MERCUREWILSON, Directeur général at Mercure Toulouse Centre Wilson Capitole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Sir, Madam,

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks about the service . They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Regarding the car park, in the center of town they are usually strait.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly at the Mercure Toulouse Wilson.

Directrice