“Good value and a good idea if you don't want to drive into town”

Novotel Toulouse Purpan Aeroport
Ranked #41 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Having read all the reviews I was concerned about how to get into the city. I didn't want to drive in and was happy to leave the car at the hotel. In fact the bus stop was just around the corner and that worked very well for us. It was about 10/15 minutes and about €2.60 for an adult return ticket on the bus into town.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was very clean with a very comfortable bed. The carpet was a bit dated and there was little for a tourist in the surrounding area which was beside Purpan Hospital.
There was a small children's play area and a tennis court and I am sure the outdoor pool would have been lovely in the summer. My children (16 and 8) enjoyed the ambience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Your hotel was chosen for me by a collegue through internet, for 1 night, the purpose of my stay was to be near the airport as I had an early flight the next morning. The room was very clean, and I liked the layout of the room and the type of bed and matrass. I very much appreciated the friendlyness of the staff and their being relaxed. During my stay , I had contact with many employees: at the desk, in the lift, in the breakfast room, and each person was very pleasant, smiling, relaxed and helpful, as if we already knew eachother. I had the impression that the hotel selects sunny people because it is difficult to train staff to be as your staff. I travel a lot for my job and it is important to me to feel at home in hotels, and this is not always the case, it was with you! thank you, if I ever come back to Toulouse I will come back to this hotel. What in my opinion is not so convenient is the location of the hotel, I wanted to visit the center of the city and had to take a taxi to and fro, which costs about 20 euros per trip. The shuttle service to the airport is great and free of charge. and also there smiling faces!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We stayed here for one night on our drive to Portugal. The room we stayed in was lovely, modern, well styled with a large bathroom and separate loo,very comfortable bed and spotlessly clean. The parking is free and WIFI is now free. There is a pleasant bar, a small but adequate swimming pool and some stuff for children to play with. It's a bit difficult to find so we were glad we had a satnav.

The food in the restaurant was fine, we had dinner there. IWe found it a bit pricey with a rather limited choice but there was nothing wrong with it.

The people on the desk were very helpful. I was very pleased with our stay for the price {I found a deal for 62 euros on the web without breakfast} considering it is high season.

Wouldnnt hesitate to recommend to anyone wanting a hot for a weekend or stopover.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

The hotel is oldstyled and should be rebuilded as soon as possible. The price is to high compared with the comfort. The real backlash at our stay - after that we had eating fantastic food earlier during our vacation - came with the chicken in the restaurant. Our youngest son prepares better chicken-dishes than the hotel. And he buys all food at Lidl and has no education as chef. So please stay away from this hotel. Novotel is a hotelchain with a good standard but Novotel in Toulouse - Purpan Aéroport - is an exception. My spouse asked me after the meal: "They haven't implemented the french kitchen in this hotel". And I answered her that we had better to go to Mc Donald's and eat Chicken McNuggets but unfortunately they had closed for that night.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2008

Having secured a good advance on line rate, we checked in at the Novatel near Toulouse airport - because it was convenient for a show being held at the nearby Zenith Theatre. There was nothing wrong with the hotel, being clean and with plenty of room. The staffs were courteous and when we saw from the in room literature, that the room service was available all the hours of the restaurant, which stated separately that this was from 6 am to midnight, we decided to eat in after the show which was going to finish late. Something to look forward to.
We got back and at 10.40 pm called room service to order only to be told that it finished at 10.30pm! A long discussion ensued and I have to say that the receptionists were very understanding and tried to help. However, it seemed that the written word didn’t correspond with reality and there was nothing to eat other than snacks that had been prepared earlier that afternoon. We ended up with sandwiches at nearly midnight and this totally spoiled what had an otherwise excellent night been out. Incidentally, the adjacent area looked (from the car window) like not one that you would want to venture out alone; in any event several restaurants that we phoned had closed already.
Next morning, the restaurant manager was very apologetic but he too couldn’t understand the conflict of information and offered to deduct the cost of the sandwiches. He suggested that we write to the hotel manager (who wasn’t to be found) and so I E mailed him to highlight the aberration and asked if he was aware of it. Also, was he going to make good the promise on yet another piece of printed matter, that if there was anything wrong, then you would get a refund?
10 days later and no reply despite having a receipt for the e mail and the same some time later when I sent a reminder.
The conclusion – if you want a nice comfortable hotel with charming receptionists then this is fine. If you want to rely on the written word, forget it.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 August 2008

I stayed here with my family for two nights at the beginning and end of a holiday in the Midi region. It is about 3 miles from the airport in Toulouse - easy to find if you head for the Purpan Hospital Complex since it is situated 200m from that.
I was very impressed with the hotel overall. It is situated in quiet, safe grounds which have a pool, children's playground and tennis courts within them. The staff were friendly and the hotel is very family friendly.
The room is the typical standard Novotel room with the usual furnishings and layout. Minibar was stocked and the range of toiletries was reasonable. They left plenty of towels for the whole family. It is great value being able to accomodate a family of four in one room (99 euros including breakfast).
The restaurant is highly recommended for dinner - popular with the residents. The restaurant staff were very friendly and the menu is bistro style, catering also for kids. Breakfast was pretty good as well although busy on the second of our two nights as this saw that start of the French holidays and the hotel was full of families.
Overall would definitely stay again if I was passing through Toulouse. Not perhaps the best location for the city centre but good for an overnight stop eg. prior / after flight.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 May 2008

We stayed at this hotel from the 24rth to the 25th of april for one night. At the entrance of the hotel we tought we were entering a 4 star hotel. The first impression was when we entered the front gate which is on private property. The entrance of the hotel and interior is nice and modern furnished.

Amenities available:
- pool
- restaurant (diner / lunch and breakfast)
- bar/ loungebar
- WiFi at extra fee (9.90 euro for 24 hours and you need to bring your own laptop with WiFi adapter)
- TV / Pay TV
- Tennis court
- Room service up to 22.00 hrs
- WC / Bath and shower

NOTE: IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO SMOKE INSIDE THE HOTEL!

The hotel has friendly people ranging from the front desk to restaurant personnel. They speak French; English and according to me also German.

We had breakfast and i can say for this 3 star hotel the breakfast was EXCELLENT!

My advise: Anyone travelling by car or plane needing a hotel in TOULOUSE, FRANCE should opt. for this hotel.

NOVOTEL TOULOUSE PURPAN AEROPORT