“All right considering not many better options in Toulouse”

Citadines Wilson Toulouse
Ranked #60 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Pros:
-convenient (close to train station, Capitole, supermarket + pharmacy next door)

Cons:
-slightly dodgy area --> a lot of bums hanging around, and permanent stench of urine backside
-reception staff was quite rude/unfriendly
-windows need WAY more sound-proofing
-Wifi did not work on the last 3 days (total 5 nights stay)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank shinysparkle

Reviewed 25 May 2013

The location is really good, right in the centre of town. There's a supermarket right next door, restaurants everywhere, and a few minutes walk to shops and other attractions.

Another great part of this accommodation is that there's an underground car park (for an extra fee), which an elevator that takes you straight up to your floor. We found this to be pretty rare in many of the central parts of French cities.

The room was spacious and you have the ability to control the heat or cooling. The small kitchenette was perfect - just what we needed.

The only downside is that if you're in the building at the back you can't get wifi in your room - you need to go into the lobby.

Overall, this was a great place to stay, and I'd highly recommend it!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlphaTravelling
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I booked this hotel through British Airways and I think it is too expensive for what it is. The location was my main reason for choosing this hotel (for some reason the majority of recommended hotels were fully booked!), I found the reception staff to be very nice and helpful. Bad things: on my arrival I noticed that the rubbish bin in the kitchen was full, the toilet smelt badly, and there were some hairs in the bathtub. Considering that I was on the 7th floor, I found the place noisy at night. This hotel needs a face lift, walls and doors could do with a good coat of paint.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LatinC
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I don't know what is going on in Toulouse but I keep on struggling to find a good hotel in Toulouse. This was my fourth stay and was again disappointed in some way. Call it a studio, call it a room, but because of the single high positioned small window it felt like prison. Couldn't look outside. Curtains do reach the floor though. Only the window bars were missing. Opening the window was no option either because of the noise produced by the "boulevard". Needless to say breakfast was poor ( it is obvious breakfast is optional in France ). The breakfast corner made me remind of a typical american chain hotel. Lack of charm. Inconsequent room refurbishing ( painting walls w/o painting the bottom section. Replace the bed but keeping the poor doors. Change the heating system but leave the old system, ... ). Only the bed was very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GilsBerlaar
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I stayed at the hotel when i had to take the aircraft delivery for my company. I was with other 9 colleagues from the company. The location of the hotel is good. It is in the central of the city. The retaurants are around the hotel. So it is easy to find a place to eat. The supermarket is just next to the hotel. Although the room is small, but i like it. They provide the kitchen set, so I could cook. Good place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

The room was well equipped with the kitchenette and it was in a good location. However, the window was broken and wouldn't close properly so the noise and the cold were let in. The hotel breakfast was the worst I have seen in France with very limited choice for the price.
Would be very disappointed if I had paid full price for the room!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank spatte123
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I booked the room through Latebookings.com so I was half expecting to be allocated a noisy room, small, etc but we were very pleasantly surprised. A twin room with kitchenette, bathroom and separate loo, all quietly tucked away at the back of the hotel on the first floor. We didn't really encounter many staff but those we did were friendly and courteous, it was all we needed for a one-night visit to the Christmas market.
If I were to be a bit nit-picky, then the bathroom could probably do with a deep steam clean and the paintwork could be redone but all in all a very comfortable room.
I recommend the hotel for anyone wanting to be in the bustle of central Toulouse (a beautiful city, by the way) with the option of self catering if you want it. There is an Intermarche just next door with all your daily needs and many excellent restaurants very close by.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple