“Too expensive for what you get - I would never stay there again!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel des Beaux Arts

Hotel des Beaux Arts
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Toulouse
LA
“Too expensive for what you get - I would never stay there again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel is outrageously priced for what you get. We booked a room for 4 people - I asked for two double beds. When we arrived they had a room with two twin beds (for a mere 170 euros!!) When we explained that we needed a bigger room they offered up a queen and twin sofa bed for 250 euros (I was finally able to talk them down to 180 euros)! That is a lot of money for this shady establishment. I think they feel that their location warrants the high price (next to the river) but really the immediate neighborhood is quite dodgy and noisy (I was offered drugs the minute I parked outside the hotel) The decor is ghastly - tacky animal prints abound. The photos that we saw on their brochure were of the restaurant next door - not the hotel. The thing that really annoyed me though was we were told breakfast would be served downstairs in the morning - we went and arrived to old fruit cocktail and rancid cold meats, they then charged us 14 euros each. The night before it was offered up as being included. I don't care for that sort of thing at all. The staff was very nice though - very sweet young man helped us the evening we arrived and the woman downstairs the next morning was pleasant.

Room Tip: Go outside the city a bit to the countryside and get a bed and breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jillchesse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

They called it a family suite, as in suitable for 4. 2 cannot sleep on the little love seat pull-out. Too cozy one person made a bed on the floor out of pillows to sleep. Interesting View over and busy corner river. Fresh air from open glass door onto big balcony. Front desk person helpful. Breakfast nice, relaxing, help yourself set-up. Walk to parking and main square. Popular bistro downstairs. Some noise from in wall a/c units, straw mat floors could use vacuum in corners and along walls. Bathroom well stocked and towel heater a bonus.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kittytrips
Windham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

We were one of three scruffy looking couples who arrived mid morning after spending a week on a barge on the Canal du Midi. They hotel staff kindly let us all check into our separate rooms right then rather than have us wait to mid afternoon, The room was spotless!
The hotel is ideally located and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. If we ever visit Toulouse again we would definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

I stayed at hotel des beaux arts for two nights - it was highly recommended by the tourist office (who got a substantial reduction on the room rate when i booked with them) - I had a lovely room overlooking the river - beautifully decorated, very comfortable and with equally lovely bathroom. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. I hope I will get the opportunity to stay here again and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: ask for river view!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank srjlondon
Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stayed in two different rooms in the course of my stay, both of which were disappointing. The rooms were very brown which isn't a good choice in somewhere lacking light. The view from the 180 euro room overlooking the Pont Neuf was good and the bathroom was small but nicely done. However it still felt shabby overall for the price. And the 14 euro breakfast was a cheap affair. They had warned me I would have to change rooms after two nights and they had promised me the small room at 110 euros would have a window and it did - looking onto a wall! And the ensuite hadn't been done up in 30 years! While the staff were friendly and the location good, overall this hotel doesn't live up to it's photographs or deliver on the prices.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank TigerlilyTigerlily
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

Spent 2 nights here with my girlfriend - in room 32 - and we absolutely loved it. The room was spacious, immaculate, and had a nice view of the Garonne. The staff was very friendly & helpful. It's certainly a bit on the pricey side though. I would highly recommend this place to other couples.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gside21
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

I was only there for 3 days, but I think this little hotel is great. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The woman who was at the desk most of the time was very attentive when we needed anything. Location is right there at Pont Neuf. I had a great view of the bridge and river. The metro and parking is very close. Walking this area of Toulouse is a lot of fun. The breakfast room was immaculate with fresh coffee and food was delicious. My room was small, but it was very clean and just what I needed. The Bistro just outside/underneath is very good (on the river side).

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business