“Lunch was so good we returned that evening for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Bistrot

Le Bistrot
Ranked #5 of 1,806 Restaurants in Toulouse
Price range: US$19 - US$41
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Broome
“Lunch was so good we returned that evening for dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Alexis and his chef sister gave us a memorable meal. Tres Bon ! Magnifique! We only had 24 hours in toulouse but visited their little restaurant twice. The food is exceptional.

• Visited October 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Everyone is right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner last evening and had a wonderful time. The entree that I chose was a tomato tart, and absolutely fabulous. Then I had the rabbit with cepes. I did not think cepes could taste that good! My husband had the swordfish, and it was prepared to perfection. I mixed a bit of his risotto with my cepes, and I think I have a new dish for them. Wine list covered a nice range in prices. The owners are charming and hospitable. We will go back and bring our visitors as well.

Visited October 2013
Toulouse, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We spent a wonderful night in this restaurant. we ate fish, duck, and beef which were very delicious. The friendly waiters were so kind and explain everything in the menu in English because most of us can't read French. it's a great experience of having dinner outside there and enjoying the amazing meal. Like this restaurant very much. And the coffee with much milk was great too. Haha!
这家餐厅的东西很好吃,我前菜点了鸭肝沙拉,主菜是鸭胸,味道都很不错。同学和老师也有点鱼也牛肉,他们都说味道不错。我们坐在餐馆外面的大树下用餐,氛围很不错。男服务员人很好,拿英语把菜单上的所有内容都给我们翻译了一遍,最后还帮我们拍集体照。

1 Thank gene10113
“Amazing meal and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We ate at Le Bistrot on our last night in Toulouse. It was the highlight of our visit. The food was incredible! My partner had the steak and I had the red snapper and risotto. I cant emphasis enough how nice the meals were. It's also perfect for tourist who speak little French as the friendly waiter (I think actually the owner) explained all the menu options in English. The waiter and chef were extremely friendly and polite. The meals and drinks were reasonably priced. I'd definately recommend!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Echoing all the Excellent reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Underwhelmed by Toulouse, we were looking for a final night boost to our flagging morale. The excellent concierge at Le Grand Balcon had tried to get us into the Winter Garden but they were closed on a Monday. Thank goodness they were; Le Bistrot was a delightful alternative. As everyone has pointed out - but well worth reinforcing - the service is outstanding. Our stumbling French (we promise after every holiday to have learned more by the time we return ... and consummately fail to do so!) proved no obstacle as we were stepped through all the choices. We shared nibbles of respective starters - the foie gras with figs and cou farci (gorgeous sausage made from duck meat) ... Jo had delicious red snapper with risotto ... I had a HUGE magret entier (380g of perfectly cooked duck breast) on a bed of frites - lush! A well-priced Saint Joseph slid down a little too easily. Service remained attentive throughout and the chef - the sister of this brother and sister team - popped out regularly and she deserved the effusive thanks everyone was passing her way. The food was magnificent. Too full for dessert, we left with smiles on our faces, the stated intention of our wonderful host for the evening.