“Better than Boeing”

Airbus Factory Tour
Ranked #7 of 35 Tours in Toulouse
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 21 September 2013

After our extremely boring visit to the Boeing Factory in Seattle plus reading all the negative reviews of the Toulouse Airbus Factory tour we thought we had blown our money and were not expecting very much at all. However, we were delighted to find that the tour was heaps more interesting than we expected and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. It all depends on your expectations I guess. We thought it was informative and had action - we saw them testing the rudder and the wing flaps on an A380 - saw a Airbus Beluga cargo plane land as well as a mock up of a A380 interior and were surprised to learn that only two pilots were in the cockpit at any one time. The only negative aspect of our tour was the out of control children and Airbus had no control over them unfortunately..

4  Thank Sue P

Reviewed 29 August 2013

It seemed like the guide knew that 1 1/2 hr was too long.
We took both the panoramic Tour and a380 and i almost feld asleep.
Se did not come that close to the planes, except on a380.
Ude the money on something Else, youwill see the planes closer in the airport.
Both tours could have been done in 1 hr in stead of 3 hrs.

2  Thank DiJahol
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I took the tour in Jan 2011. Thoroughly enjoyed, especially the A380 factory but most of all the walk on board one of the old Concordes at the airport. This was worth the fee in itself, wow! Looking at more recent visitor's reviews, is Concorde still a part of the tour?

6  Thank ReachUk
Reviewed 17 August 2013

the airbus tour was awful especially if you are taking Young children they don't even get a sticker to say they have been,,it certainly wouldn't inspire me to want to work there ,,give the kids 15euros and let them buy something in the shop if you can find anything that is ,,but dont pay for the tour ,,they are opening a museum next year maybe that will be better ,, i'll let you know ,,i like to have shared my photos but we weren't allowed to take any ,,

1  Thank suewirral11
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I added Toulouse to my itinerary purely for the two Airbus tours in English. The good news is that Toulouse is a wonderful city, well worth visiting; the bad news is the Airbus tour is sadly disappointing.

I took two tours - the A380 tour and the Panoramic tour. Our guide for both was Mathew. His English was excellent as was his knowledge. He toed the corporate line a bit too much for me, but that is not his fault.

My biggest complaint was that photography was not allowed. Seriously? We saw less on these tours than you can see on the internet; Boeing was not going to garner any corporate secrets from photos I might have taken. When I asked Mathew why the no photography policy, he agreed we saw nothing "secret" or even rare - rather Airbus was trying to protect its corporate image. What a load of bunk. I love my camera and any time I am prohibited from using it, I'm going to be very disappointed.

The A380 tour was only interesting when we got to the assembly building. You get to see whatever assembly is going on - we saw a BA and LH Airbus under assembly - and much of the information about the assembly process and how the parts are brought to Toulouse was fascinating. Standing outside, gazing over the flight line was also for me a wonderful experience. These are magnificent machines, and they deserved a picture or two :)

The Panoramic tour can be quite interesting. You are a bit at the mercy of what is going on on the given day. We saw a number of the "Beluga" transports, a new A350 under final assembly, many new A320's prepared for delivery to their customers, as well as the ATR and A330. Again, how I wish I had pictures to go back to.

The prices are very reasonable. I suppose for an aviation enthusiast like myself, it is a must do. But I really wish Airbus would review the no pictures policy. The gift shop is fine; I gladly parted with close to 100 Euros worth of T-shirts. There is no pressure at all to even visit the gift shop.

6  Thank viapanam