“the staff there was so kind”

Hotel le Clocher de Rodez
Ranked #62 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 18 October 2012

location, breakfast and the room were all pretty good. Unfortunately, I had some trouble with my credit card, but the staff there was so helpful and kind. If I have a chance to travel to toulouse again someday, I'd definitely like to stay at this hotel. (from Japan)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Normally budget or mid-range hotels within the vicinity of a city train station are not great. This one turned out to be just fine though. Very good central location - easy walk to the train station but close to a main thoroughfare with bars, restaurants etc and right beside a bus link to the airport.

Friendly and competent staff, very good breakfast. Smallish rooms but that's to be expected, very clean and well-equipped though. Reasonable price. For a short stay it's ideal.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CypLibero
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We had a great room, tea/coffee provided.
Superb location in the centre of Toulouse
Fantastic brakfast with hot and cold food and lots of choice - could not fault it.
Staff were really helpful and friendly.
Parking facing in the underground carpark for I think 11 euros a day (hotel give you a token).
Lovely - good value for money (but we had a special offer).

Room Tip: We had a room high up which I think is a good idea.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights between the 11th to the 16th of September. Normally we use a chain of hotels called NH hotels but Touluse didn't have any so we chose this vis booking.com. The location is not very romantic as the hotel looks out onto Jean D'Arc bus station but that didn't phase us as we choose hotels close to transport for days out. The bus from the airport stops literally round the corner and the hotel is a 10 min walk away from the SNCF train station and the coach station. There are loads of little bars and restaurants nearby and there's a LIDL and SPAR within 5 mins. To keep the cost down we didn't have breakfast in the hotel. You can find bars that do petit dejourner's for about 6 Euros or you can grab a croissant and coffee or pain au chocolat in a little bakery across the road for about 3 Euros. Now for the room. I booked an executive and they allocated us 315 which if you look at the hotel front this section cannot be seen. It's a 3rd story accessed by a small elevator. We found the room on the small side. I did try to upgrade but they were fully booked so we had to live with it. The room itself was modern with a modern bathroom with a walk in shower but again it was tightly packed. The best way I can describe the room is it was like a London Hotel where space is at a premium.. The worst aspect was the window looked out onto a small corridor which led down to 316 and the corridor looked out onto the inner courtyard which was peeling walls and you couldn't see the sky to check the weather. If the people from 316 were coming up or down the corridor they could see in to the room. So for that I'm only giving the hotel an average score. My advice is if you book this hotel go for a premier room or a junior suite funds permitting. It didn't spoil our stay and the staff were friendly enough.

Room Tip: Book a premier room or junior suite at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
jeanne14, Owner at Hotel le Clocher de Rodez, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel is conveniently located not very far from the station (5 minutes walk) with a little bus station right outside and a bus stop for the airport bus just 1 minute 's walk away. The hotel is on the edge of the historical centre so we found it very easy to walk from it to the main sights and to some good restaurants. Our room was not large but was fine for three nights. The room looked old-fashioned but may have been refurbished recently - very clean. Despite the room being at the front overlooking the bus station we were undisturbed by any noise no doubt helped by the effective double (or quadruple) glazing! Yes the lift is small (but big enough for two people and suitcases) and the hotel has obviously been updated over the years - the lift is hidden in a corner of one of the corridors! The buffet breakfast (10 euros) is fine although without a huge range in the buffet. Better value might be got from the local cafés. We found the reception staff friendly and efficient. All in all I think that it is a very good hotel for a short visit to see the sights and appreciate the charms of Toulouse.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I arrived in the hotel at 3.30 pm, with my wife and kid. We were supposed to have the room at 2.00 pm, but gave them extra time just in case. The room was NOT ready until 4 PM. We needed a restroom, and somewhere to leave our bags (and valuables; the area around the hotel looks horrible and looks dangerous; we did not want to carry our valuables with us, or leave them in a general area in the hotel). At 4 PM I asked for my room to leave my stuff, and for a bathroom. The room was still not ready. The excuse: "We have 44 rooms, so, sometimes, we cannoI arrived in the hotel at 3.30 pm, with my wife and kid. We were supposed to have the room at 2.00 pm, but gave them extra time just in case. The room was NOT ready until 4 PM. We needed a restroom, and somewhere to leave our bags (and valuables; the area around the hotel looks horrible and looks dangerous; we did not want to carry our valuables with us, or leave them in a general area in the hotel). At 4 PM I asked for my room to leave my stuff, and for a bathroom. The room was still not ready. The excuse: "We have 44 rooms, so, sometimes, we cannot meet the deadline of 2 PM" (SO, WHY DO YOU TELL ME TO GO AT 2 PM!?). I asked for a different room and there was none available. I ASKED FOR A RESTROOM and they did not show me one. The restroom in my room was being cleaned... Eventually, the lady understood I needed a restroom (I speak French fluently... it's not a language issue) and I went to the filthiest public bathroom in a hotel ever. Of course, they were prompt to charge for a full day of lodging... even though the day has 24 hours and there were 4 hours when my room was not available and I could not do anything about it (I would have gone somewhere else to wait if I should have known). Unacceptable.I arrived in the hotel at 3.30 pm, with my wife and kid. We were supposed to have the room at 2.00 pm, but gave them extra time just in case. The room was NOT ready until 4 PM. We needed a restroom, and somewhere to leave our bags (and valuables; the area around the hotel looks horrible and looks dangerous; we did not want to carry our valuables with us, or leave them in a general area in the hotel). At 4 PM I asked for my room to leave my stuff, and for a bathroom. The room was still not ready. The excuse: "We have 44 rooms, so, sometimes, we cannot meet the deadline of 2 PM" (SO, WHY DO YOU TELL ME TO GO AT 2 PM!?). I asked for a different room and there was none available. I ASKED FOR A RESTROOM and they did not show me one. The restroom in my room was being cleaned... Eventually, the lady understood I needed a restroom (I speak French fluently... it's not a language issue) and I went to the filthiest public bathroom in a hotel ever. Of course, they were prompt to charge for a full day of lodging... even though the day has 24 hours and there were 4 hours when my room was not available and I could not do anything about it (I would have gone somewhere else to wait if I should have known). Unacceptable.t meet the deadline of 2 PM" (SO, WHY DO YOU TELL ME TO GO AT 2 PM!?). I asked for a different room and there was none available. I ASKED FOR A RESTROOM and they did not show me one. The restroom in my room was being cleaned... Eventually, the lady understood I needed a restroom (I speak French fluently... it's not a language issue) and I went to the filthiest public bathroom in a hotel ever. Of course, they were prompt to charge for a full day of lodging... even though the day has 24 hours and there were 4 hours when my room was not available and I could not do anything about it (I would have gone somewhere else to wait if I should have known). Unacceptable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family