All reviews coffee machine pont neuf noise shower receptionist
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This hotel was clean, comfortable and staffed by very pleasant people. The typically (for Europe) smallish room was well appointed. The weakness is the location. Though it is nicely close to old Toulouse, it is rather a scruffy and rowdy neighbourhood, surrounded by bars frequented early into the (especially weekend) mornings by students. Bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms over the rear laneway
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The hotel is very good value for money, the welcome is great. Raphaëlle the afternoon receptionist is so welcoming and kind. The hotel is located near supermarkets and restaurants; the metro station is only 3 mins walk away. I would come back here again!!
The tea/coffee making facilities in the room is a great asset!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Hotel G, Responsable réception at Le Boutique Hotel Garonne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor this very nice feedback about your stay . We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and its location. Kindest regards

Reviewed 15 July 2017

This hotel is steps from beautiful Pont Neuf. (The illumination at night is spectacular!). The staff is super friendly and helps you find your way around with excellent recommendations. The bathroom is comfortable for European standards with a good shower, towels and bath amenities.

Room Tip: The location is good, and all rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I can't stress enough how dreadful and over priced this place is, there is no way this is a four star boutique hotel! The whole place was so dirty, tired/dated and scruffy, with rude staff and an even ruder owner. We had booked four nights, but only stayed one as it was so bad. We arrived to a really scruffy and worn reception, and shown to a room which was so dirty, we didn't think it had been cleaned, the a/c and safe didn't work either. Went back to reception and asked to talk to the manager and was told there would not be one at the hotel for another two days, the girl on reception then offered to come and clean our room, but I asked to be moved to another one. We were then taken up stairs to a different room which was still dirty, the walls were full of scuff marks, there was long dark hair all over the place, in the bath, on the floors and even on the walls, the whole place had not been cleaned properly for ages, with thick dust over the surfaces and floors, the furniture in our room was also marked and stained, with torn wallpaper and skirting boards hanging off the walls. I then had to go out and find another hotel to stay in late at night, and was lucky to find one close by which was both cheaper and beautiful, but we still had to stay one night at Hotel Garonne, I wish I could of left straight away, but the other hotel could not take us for that night. I asked the girl on reception to call the manager, which she did, but they did not answer. As they a/c did not work we could not cool the room to sleep, so as a result of it being so hot we did not sleep. In the morning we could not get out of the place quick enough, the room for one night was 156 Euros, without breakfast, we asked for some kind of discount as we were so unhappy, but were told to come back in two days time when a manager would finally be on site! As we were leaving, the basement of the hotel began flooding and the girl on reception told us she had to go and deal with that! We went back to complain a couple of days later, to be met by the owner who swore at us and told us to get out of his hotel, we were so shocked by the whole experience, I've stayed in some amazing hotels across the world, but this rates as one of the worse by far. Avoid this place at all costs, there are far better and cheaper hotels in Toulouse!

Room Tip: book any other hotel in toulouse, but avoid hotel Garonne/occitania group
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 158thierry
Hotel G, Directeur général at Le Boutique Hotel Garonne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

I can’t accept such utterly unfounded and unjustified remarks. Travelers can get a general impression by considering the reviews and ratings obtained for 2 years, this is the only bad customer experience in several hundred reviews.

There are many points that haven’t been mentioned in this review which of course only takes into account the opinions of these travelers:

- aggressiveness towards all staff

- insults and racist remarks towards maintenance staff

- intrusion into the back office without staff authorization

- photos posted coarsely retouched

I personally met those people who refused to shake hands with me during our meeting, I had to face personal insults. In 20 years of business, I can assert that I have never met such travelers whose case is simply psychiatry. I was forced to expel them from my property.

Philippe Rouet

General manager

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel is nice and the rooms are perfect and classy. They are quite big and you can find all contorts. The location is incredibly good and it is very quite at night time. Wifi is very good too. I do not normally mention too much the staff in my reviews. This time I want to make an exception because I am really deeply impressed by the staff of this hotel which is the most friendly and helpful I have ever found in the hotels. I was there with my sister for 4 days. I was very stressed because of the exam I had to do at the university. We were very well welcomed and the room was ready even before the check out time. The blonde girl at the front desk escorted us to the room and did not hesitate to come a bit later just to show us how to use the coffee machine.
The following morning the receptionist prepared us a coffee on the morning and was always looking after us very nicely, discretely and kindly. The following day I woke up at 4 am as I could not sleep because I was stressed by the exam I had to do that day. The night receptionist prepared me breakfast at 5 am to allow me to study better even though breakfast is not supposed to open until 7:30 am. I did not even asked for it. He was just spontaneously nice and helpful. I am really incredibly happy with all the 4 members of staff I met. They were the best staff I have ever found in a hotel. I am impressed. I will certainly come back.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends