“Bizarre Experience”

Ranked #35 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
British Columbia
“Bizarre Experience”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed here as I was catching an early flight out of Toulouse. It was a very warm day and when I arrived in my room it was easily 30 degrees Celsius. The air conditioning would not engage and the front desk told me that it was not operating at this time of year. They suggested I open a window.

Two problems with that suggestion. The window faced west and was absolutely cooking. And below my window was a place where staff took smoke breaks. So I got to enjoy a sweltering room and smokey ambiance in turns. Staff had no solution for me.

This is a two star hotel tarted up as a four star.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have been in the hotel one day before a seminar in the hotel.
The decoration is very colourfull which might not be everybodies taste. room decoration is very flashy but the room was quite spacious and well equipped.
Breakfast was extremely disapointing, charged 25 eur for a croissant and a coffee. When i was there they were no eggs and the juice maker was not functionning.
The seminar rooms and catering were good.
In a nutshell very expensive for the quality

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

General: We stayed at the Palladia for 5 nights visiting friends in Toulouse. The hotel is quite an impressive building and our overall impression was very good. There is very little noise noticeable inside the hotel but aircraft are taking off overhead. The hotel however, it is now on the cusp of looking run down and some work is needed. This was also reflected in the fact that we checked into a very nice room on the 5th floor only to find we had no hot water and the water ran with a brown tinge. We notified Reception of this and were moved to a room on the first floor with hot, clean water but much smaller in size.
Staff: The staff are generally nice but customer service appears to be seen as an inconvenience. It took four attempts to explain that this second room was not what we had paid for and, having been assured that the hotel regarded this room to be the same standard, we were eventually moved again to a room which more reflected the write-up of our booking. The telephone at main Reception appears to take priority over people as, in the middle of two conversations, calls were taken and we were left waiting.
Breakfast: Is adequate and a mix of pre-packed and fresh buffet food. However, this is best booked as part of a package as otherwise a pricey option.
Location: This is a typical near-the-airport hotel with surroundings not at its best.
Transport link: There is a very convenient tram/underground link taking only minutes right into the heart of Toulouse at very reasonable fares (ticket machines operate in various languages).
Language: Basic French is a MUST. We had been told Toulouse is very cosmopolitan and English/German are widely spoken. This was not our experience and we would advise to brush up on language skills before any visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Palladia is an ok hotel. Not very fancy, but the staff are nice and helpful. I've stayed here several times for business.The rooms are a bit tired, and in need of updating. The hotel wifi is also in need of upgrading. The signal is weak, and in room use is quite complex to use and doesn't work most of the time. There is a wired internet connection though. The conference facilities are pretty good, the seats in the auditorium are quite comfy. There is a peculiar lighting thing for the hall ways. Typically the lights are off, making them nearly pitch black, they have a motion sensor that turns the lights on. It's mostly annoying. They should just leave the lights on like every other hotel.

Palladia is rather remote from the center of town, and from the airport; about half way in between them. The area around the hotel is rather residential-ish, so rather quiet. They've just installed a new tram line so getting into town is now easier than it used to be. Toulouse really needs a good business class hotel, there just really isn't one. With a bit of updating and polish, the Palladia could be a rather nice hotel.

Room Tip: I've stayed several times, and none of the rooms seem particularly bad.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
dublin
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights recently ( March 2012) and overall was quite pleased with the hotel, apart from one or two irratants

First impression was not good, as the guy checking me in seemed to have a problem with his computer, then took a phone call leaving me standing waiting while he dealt with someone else, and not a word of apology from him

I was on the first floor and the "non smoking" room really was excellent, well appointed, really good WiFi reception and a reasonably comfortable bed.

Sadly, my room was just over an outdoor area where bar staff replenished their bottle supplies, meaning that sometimes there was a lot of clanging of bottles etc. I generally like to sleep in a cool room and would leave the window open for fresh air., however at times I could get the smell of cigarette smoke wafting into my room. On checking this, I found that staff were standing in the area under my window smoking and the smoke was drifting into my room .. very unpleasent!!!

Breakfast choice was excellent if you enjoyed the "Continental style" and poor if you liked a hot breakfast. The hot choice was never hot and really only a tad above cold. To lift the bacon, small diced fried potatoes, sausage .. a small fork was supplied, which made lifting the food a chore

Choice of cold meats, bread etc was excellent.

Apart from the irratants above, the hotel was good, the lobby bar area was nice and if visiting Toulouse again I would stay here again, although it is a bit away from the centre. But, I was on business and it suited me

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the back of the hotel to avoid the issues above
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Italy
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I've been spleeping for 2 nigths early November 2011 and I've been satisfied about room, services and staff. Location is ok nearby public transportaion and if you've a car is few minutes away fron downtown (>10min).
Hotel looking is modern building business style all glasses coverage (front, back), with outdoor pool, garden/pool area, fitness centre with sauna and turkish bath, large room and clean even if my room was a standard one; free wi-fi and parking.
Personnell is friendly and customer driven; breakfast choice and quality is on average.
I've benn several times in the last six months to Toulouse and I've find out this hotel one of the top ranking, together with Marriott Courtyard airport (near to airport but fra fron the city).
If you stay in Toulouse I warmly suggest to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Roccoandhisbrothers
palladiahotel, Responsable réception at Hotel Palladia, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
We thank you for your comment and hope to see you soon.