“Excellent guided tours”

Toulouse Guided Walks
Ranked #10 of 34 Tours in Toulouse
More attraction details
Owner description: Toulouse Guided Walks offers walks and tours in Toulouse and its region, including Carcassonne and Albi. Rich, multi-layered visits that include history, art, architecture, culture and the "good life" these walks take you to wonderful places and invite you to enjoy the past and as well as the present of France. Led by an experienced, certified guide, artist, art historian and long time resident, the walks and visits with TGW offer fascinating and unforgettable moments.
Cincinnati, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent guided tours”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I have been on many guided tours with Elyse. She can guide you through Toulouse from the pre Gallo-Roman times through the present. Not only art, but architecture and history as well. On her tours, she tells the story of Toulouse by pointing out what is still present, provides details of what was originally there and how the changes came about. I know several people who have hired for private tours when guest are visiting, or when a group is in town. There is so much more to Toulouse than meets the eye, why not go with an English speaking local guide?

Visited April 2014
2 Thank MPA033
elysartguide, Owner at Toulouse Guided Walks, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I love making the past and present come alive and talking to everyone about the city. It inspires me to know more all the time.
Come again!

Blagnac, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful Experience of Toulouse with Elyse”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have done a couple of walking tours earlier with Elyse and as always she makes the tour an amazing experience. She makes even the most ordinary things come alive. Her talks include history, unusual facts, humor, art, architecture etc. which keeps the listener enthralled. She explains every thing at the granular detail.

1 Thank Niharika_2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great way to get to know Toulouse”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I've been in Toulouse all winter and have been able to take 3 walking tours with Elyse. I can't imagine a better way to get to know a city. It's incredible what you can learn that isn't in the guide books. I had no idea that the Inquisition started here in Toulouse, France - way before it went to Spain. And, that there are places very near the center of the city where you can see remnants of the old Roman walls. It's fun and Elyse makes it entertaining! For me it's time and money well spent and I come away feeling like I have gotten a more intimate look at a place that a guide book can't give.

Tam P 2014

1 Thank Tam P
elysartguide, Owner at Toulouse Guided Walks, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review. It makes me happy to know that you have had a good time and learned more about Toulouse and France. I will be delighted to see you again. All my best, elyse
Lucknow, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fun visit !”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you need some help in putting together a great trip to Toulouse, look no further than Elyse. Before i went on a visit with her, I checked out many websites about Toulouse and the surrounding area. Finally, I decided to join for a 2 hour visit with Elyse in Toulouse. The walk with Elyse was amazing. We visited 2 beautiful churches (Church of Dalbade and Daurade), walked in the gorgeous center of Toulouse and also along the river. She is very knowledgeable and a whole lot of fun. She has a great sense of humor and gave excellent tips about eating joints in Toulouse. If i come back in the area, I would definitely like to see more of the region with her. In fact i realized later on that she does guided visits in the whole south of France. Next time !!!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Akriti2014
Toulouse, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Elyse is wonderful !”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I went to Moissac (a commune in Tarn-et-Garonne) with Elyse in March. This is not my first time doing a guided visit with her. She organizes these amazing 2 hour walks in Toulouse (where i live) every month and i have been on many of them now. Because of her, I am always falling back in love with Toulouse.

Elyse is extraordinary as a guide. She will make even the most ordinary things come alive. Her talks include history, unusual facts, humor, art, architecture etc. which keeps the listener enthralled. She is also a very nice and kind person. I have been on other guided tours in Paris, Barcelona, Rome etc. but this is unlike any of them. Her visits are more fun, more informative and less commercial. I recently started listening to her podcast about Paris (JoinUsinFrance) because the next time I visit Paris, I want to see the city through her eyes and unlock all its treasures.

2 Thank Kartika B