“A room with a view”

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H
There are newer reviews for Ibis Toulouse Gare Matabiau

Reviewed 26 July 2012

There are many aspects to this hotel that offer advantages to the traveller. The location of this hotel is its key advantage. Whether one is travelling by train, flying in to Toulouse or arriving by bus the hotel is just ideal. It is located directly accross the road from the train and bus stations while there is a stop for the airport shuttle bus right by the hotel.
The other aspect is the staff, except for one young man all speak very good English and all are very eager to help. I arrived the hotel on a Sunday afternoon only to find that there was mix-up from my travel agent who only booked my room but forgot to make the payment, but the staff were very helpful- they allowed me to occupy the room on Sunday and helped in communicating with my agents on Monday to effect the payment. On my cHeckout day they allwed me a late checkout without any qualms.
On the downside is the standard of the rooms- very basic with little for luxUry- standard For an Ibis or Formule1. I guess you get what you pay for applies here. I will definitely go back there any time I am in Toulouse.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank mdmdDurban
Reviewed 3 July 2012

stay in the hotel was good and comfortable. staffs were helping and friendly. very well connected with train station and city center. it provides all basic facility a business traveler requires like good lobby and fast and free internet.

Room Tip: there are no specific room choice..
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Looking for a place close to the railway we came upon the Ibis Gare Matabiau. If you know the Ibis style then this is a good result. Excellent service at reception, friendly staff, a quiet room with the essentials - all we were looking for. This is an older building so it does not have the uniformity of some Ibis hotels, but still we were satisfied with a good bed and a good bathroom for two nights.
There are several good eating places close by so the lack of a restaurant is not an issue. Breakfast is available but we did not have it. Free wi-fi was good too.

Room Tip: We asked for quiet rooms and were given rooms at the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
An Accor traveller
Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain
Reviewed 29 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank An Accor traveller
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We were very disappointed as there was a plumbing fault the next morning, so there wasn't any hot water to have showers! We'd appreciated if the receptionist had telephoned us to let us know about it. That would have saved us the unpleasant experience of having to discover this for ourselves! We had to go without our morning showers! We were offered only €18 (breakfast for two) off the regular price of the hotel. We were disappointed with this compensation.
Needless to say, we checked out immediately and moved to the hotel next door where we had our showers! We would think twice about booking at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stopped here twice, in February 2012, as a stopover going to and from spain.
It is situated across the river from the train station - 5 minute walk - and approximately 10 minutes walk from the main centre
It was the first time that I had used an Ibis and from what I understand from other Ibis reviews it fitted the 'brand' as you would expect.
I have to say that the hotel is very clean, welcoming and spacious throughout and the same can be said for the rooms. I had no problems with the wi-fi connection (as usual you have to ask for the connection details from reception)
There was plenty on offer at breakfast, no need to be getting up early to ensure there is something left. If you want to sleep in then there is a wonderful patisserie 3 doors down the street towards the centre.
Secure hotel car parking is available approximately 70 yards from the hotel for a reasonable price.
The staff were fantastic - especially Stephanie - who was extremely helpful with recommendations for restaurants etc. We also required room service for my father and the food was sorted out in a reasonable amount of time.
Hopefully I'll be able to visit Toulouse again sometime in the future and see more of it as it looks a wonderful city. If I do then I already know where I'll stay

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family