“Everything Excellent - A Hotel to be so Proud of”
Review of Hotel Albert 1er

Hotel Albert 1er
Ranked #4 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at the Albert 1er in Toulouse last week and received excellent service from Reception to chambermaid. They could not be more helpful and courteous no matter what it was I needed to find out or done. Reception staff spoke fluent English which was a great help to those like me who have minimal French. I would love to mention names but I guess that may be unfair to the rest. The family should be proud of their great staff.

I am a senior, not the easiest person to please, and do a fair bit of research on hotels I plan to stay at, so this is high praise indeed coming from me.

The hotel is family-run and every aspect is personally checked by them. There are elevators for those who don’t like stairs. I had a room which was spotlessly clean with sparkling white sheets and large fluffy towels - often not even provided in 4*/5* hotels. I requested a room on an upper level with a door opening onto a small terrace and was given exactly that. In fact from booking to check out it was a delight.

Albert 1er is right in the heart of the old town and literally 5 minutes’ walk to the three local underground stations in the area and the airport bus stop. It is 3 minutes walk to the main Capitole square and if you enjoy shopping or just people-watching , there are shops + cafes within 2-3 minutes from the hotel. It was so easy for me and I have a walking problem.

The buffet breakfasts provided at the hotel are sumptuous. Guests can squeeze their own fresh juice in an electric squeezer (in addition to other juices provided); make their own fresh boiled eggs to their taste in a container provided; there’s a coffee machine which makes a variety of freshly ground coffees and if you prefer tea, there were 6+ types to choose from. And all this in addition to the usual variety of fruit, yoghurts, breads, cheeses, jams, croissants, meats etc - all fresh. The speed with which the staff coped with a busy dining room was commendable. After all this you don’t need to eat until dinner! Sorry for the detail but I just had to mention it!!
I travel to many cities in Europe quite often for leisure and if anyone is planning a visit to Toulouse, be assured this is the place to stay. I won’t go into the tourist attractions because I’m sure they are on Tripadvisor & other websites.

Just once again, coming from someone who is single now, travels a lot and is pretty fussy, the Albert 1er was a great choice for my Toulouse trip. They also have some good deals if you contact them, so always check and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank zigzag2

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to Toulouse. Would echo everything others have said about location. You must visit the Victor Hugo Market great place to see and smell the real France, there's also a bar where you can share a drink with the locals.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just a short 3 night stay - friendly and helpful staff - good location close to the central Capitole Square and many restaurants - the single room was basic but clean and comfortable at a good price - easy to get to from the Airport Shuttle bus stop at Jeanne d'Arc.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had a one night stay in Toulouse before flying home from France. I picked this hotel based on other reviews on Trip Advisor and through Lonely Planet. I am so glad I did. The location was fantastic. It is right near the capitol building, the Metro and all the sights. Everything is only a few minutes walk away. It was very quiet at night, but the street was also closed to traffic due to construction. It is very near to the Victor Hugo Indoor market. We had breakfast and a fabulous lunch there. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as we decided if we were going to pay we would rather find our own place. I did look at the buffet and it looked good. My favorite thing about this place was they had produced their own guides to eating and drinking as well as a few walking tours. We tried two of their recommended places and loved then both. We also did one of their self guided walking tours. The staff was friendly and so helpful. I would stay here again. The other couple we were traveling with enjoyed it too.

Room Tip: Some rooms have tiny balconies. It was nice but the road was closed to traffic at the time of this w...
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights over Easter. The location is great and is only a short walk from the main train station and very close to all the main attractions, shopping and airport bus. We arrived at 7am from an overnight train and went to the hotel to leave our bags. We found the reception staff to be a little rude but to their credit they did give us a room at 1pm instead of 3pm.

At first we were given the key to the wrong room which hadn't been cleaned from the previous guests. This was sorted out quickly by the hotel and we were given a new room. The bed was comfy and there was plenty of space. There was a small balcony and a huge tv! There was no breakfast included in our room rate but from what we saw it looked pretty standard for a basic hotel - I was glad we didn't pay the 10 euro extra for it, especially when the delicious Victor Hugo Market is across the road!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

on a one night stopover to fly out next day
we had an afternoon evening and morning and it was ideal
followed advise and got a superior twin and its bigger then some 4 star rooms
very comfy big beds
centrally placed to a everything restaurants all around in the palce capital and place wilson etc
breakfast a bit 3 star but Ok would use it again

Room Tip: asked and paid a little more for a superior room dodn't see the others
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple