“Really Charming”

Ranked #63 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Los Angeles, California
“Really Charming”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My boyfriend and I toured around Europe this summer and didn't plan any hotel stays in the South of France. We found this hotel and it was really lovely. The staff was very friendly and helpful and when had problems with the language barrier the owner made sure one of his staff could help us. The security was amazing! They scanned our finger prints so we could get into the hotel at night without a key to remember. Also, our room was so cute! It was a door cut out of the wall next to the stairs. I thought that might mean the room is small but it was huge and really clean. It was really nicely located so we could walk to a bunch of restaurants and to the town square and many of historic churches. And the price was right!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pastrytour10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chimacum, Washington
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We stayed here 3 years ago and it was great. Based on our good experience in 2007 we came back in September / October 2010, and it was even better. Just a short walk from the train station, and another short walk to catch the FlyBus to the airport. Close to great restaurants. The best thing is that the staff / owners are wonderful and their attention to detail is found in cleanliness and good service. Fluent English is spoken at the desk and staff are helpful finding restaurants and other services. Wonderful courtyard for a few moments out of the room. Rooms are average in size, but have a hair dryer and comfortable beds. Internet is available in the lobby. Highly recommend the Hotel Riquet for both business and leisure trips.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Paris
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Picked the hotel by accident and I guess I wasn't off too bad with it. It's nowhere as shiny as what's on their (poor) website, and the surroundings are generally noisy, not very clean at some times of the day, with the sidewalks of the main road (Jean Jaures) leading there from the city centre constantly used by homeless folks sheltering underneath some building entrances and calling out to people walking to the centre/metro station. Nothing dramatic but don't be surprised. It's about 15-20 mins walking to the Place du Capitole, and the walk becomes enjoyable once you're off Jean Jaures after a good 5 mins.

The folks in the hotel are kind and willing to help. The staircase up could need a couple of staples in the carpet and I stumbled once going up - not so nice. The rooms are clean but smell stuffy and opening the windows is not really an option where I stayed since the traffic on the road was very annoying - but not that annoying once the window is shut. The bathroom was exceptionally good, clean and modern, a huge plus there and probably the reason why I rated it 3 and not 2. Wifi is free but I got a really bad connection in my room and it was basically useless most of the time, with a varying signal strength that unnerved me. I should have tried in the lobby, which sometimes is better in hotels, but didn't want to walk down. Oh well, since you ask, yes, there are elevators!

Breakfast is ok, with fresh fruit available and very decent coffee, but the pastries were a bit dried out and the room gets full real fast if you're not down there before rush hour.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank diaber
Wadhurst, UK
Reviewed 26 August 2010

To my surprise, my single room did not have air conditioning - just an oscillationg fan. The tip is to keep the shutters partially closed to shield the room from the sun and keep the fan on 24/7 - then the overnight temperature should be tolerable. Thankfully the hotel didn't use duvets (which would have been too hot) - just traditional sheets / blankets. However, my friends in the double rooms did have air conditioning.

No tea / coffee-making facilities provided for my room, but they were willingly provided, when I asked. (They were provided for the double / family rooms!!)

A good-quality continental breakfast was provided.

This is a comfortable, traditional hotel; well-maintained, and tastefully furnished throughout. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 August 2010

we loved Hotel Riquet. Our car broke down upon arrival in Toulouse (a city which we really came to know and love) and the staff at Hotel Riquet (especiall Tommy!) was extremely welcoming, helpful in dealing with our car repairs and service-oriented from beginning to end. We really enjoyed our room, the neighborhood and the morning breakfast ritual. Thank you Hotel Riquet from the Brodys!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Coffs Harbour
Reviewed 27 July 2010

A beautiful hotel with nice spacious rooms, it was in a quiet area yet centrally located. 5 min walk to the train. Fantastic breakfast with REAL perculated coffee, great service and friendly staff. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 26 June 2010

This is a nice, cosy hotel located around 10 minutes walk from the central area. There is a red light district immediately to the north of the street across the dual carriageway, where you can see some sex shops and prostitutes loitering, but do not let this put you off - they do not cross the dual carriageway, and this hotel is perfectly safe and suitable for a family.

I had a single room, and it was a decent size. This is a 2 star hotel, so you have to be aware of some stuff. There is no hair dryer. The TV is very small, which was annoying as the World Cup was happening. There is no mini-bar in the room, although maybe the other more expensive rooms have one.
The plus points are that the shower was very nice, and the room was clean. They also had a fan in the room for when it gets hot, but it wasn't that great.

Breakfast is served between 7am and 10am. Beware, breakfast is not included in the cost! I thought it was, and all I was having each morning was a small bowl of cornflakes before going to work - it was a very expensive breakfast, as I ended up paying 45 euros for five bowls of cornflakes!

They have a nice seating area outside where you can take your breakfast, that is very picturesque.

The staff are very friendly indeed, I really liked them.

The Internet was appalling. And as a business traveller, that really annoyed me, as I had to use the Internet from the hotel in the evenings, but it would disconnect every few minutes - and that was on the good days, on the bad days it wouldn't even connect.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business