“Excellent Value for Money and Great Location.”

Hotel Victor Hugo Toulouse
Ranked #110 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed at Le Victor Hugo for four nights stay in Toulouse September 2012, booked the hotel via e-mail to the hotel. The hotel is located meters from Jean d'Arc Metro/Airport Shuttle stop and on the edge of the old town. The excellent Victor Hugo indoor market and Restaurants are across the road from the hotel and other Restaurants within a short distance walk. The three day Metro and Bus Travel Ticket is excellent value and the Number 16 Bus will take you to both Toulouse Rugby Pitch and in the other direction to sample the Brennan Burgers in De Danu Pub.
The bedrooms were small but very clean and comfortable beds, the breakfast was excellent and plentiful and all the staff were very efficient and informative.
Thanks again to David and his staff for a very pleasant stay in "the pink city"

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was staying in Toulouse for work, normal 'approved' hotels were booked up. I selected Ours Blanc Centre based on TripAdvisor however was told that due to a technical fault I was booked in at Victor Hugo.

Toilet was not clean, hairs were left on the seat. Power sockets falling off the wall. Bed quality poor, I reckon it is a big bit of sponge... Shower has hot and cold taps rather than a mixer... Fun...

Saying that, there is a modern TV, a small desk just big enough to use a laptop and air conditioning.

The street where the hotel overlooks is noisy, doesn't bother me cos I normally take earplugs, but be aware...

Well situated, five mins walk from Capitole, very close to the Metro and on the route of the Airport Bus.

The price is not much less than you would pay at higher quality establishments...

I will not be staying here again...

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is a no-frills very value-for money hotel close to the city square (less than 5 mins walk), eateries aplenty close to where we stayed (just a few streets down there is a popular French restaurant that attracts long queue everyday - loved their matchstick fries). Service is great as well (by French standards, they were very genuinely friendly!). Will not hesitate to stay at this hotel again when I am at Toulouse!

Room Tip: Try to book a room away from the street where possible as it can get a little noisy
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The hotel is located on a main road, very easily reached from the Airport bus stop at Jean d'Arc. It's then a short walk into the centre, to reach shops, restaurants etc.

Our room was indeed on the small size, the main issue being just where to put things! Aside from that it was properly clean, with comfortable beds, tv etc and fair size bathroom & shower.

Our room was on the top floor at the back of the building, so nice and quiet. Breakfast was fine, though choice somewhat limited - well worth E9 charge, we reckoned.

The rates per night are competitive and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed for one night in this small corner hotel on a main street in Toulouse which meant it was central and handy for the town centre and everything was within easy walking distance. Loads of restaurants and bars in the nearby streets. One bar in particular is right next door and can be really noisy and busy at night.
The rooms are tiny and I mean tiny, with very little room to move around the beds. The rooms and bathrooms are very basic and very tired, needing updated to match the appearance of the foyer.
The room wasn't as clean as I would have liked e.g. dirty blanket etc. and unfinished surfaces in the bathroom. The bathroom was functional but aesthetically horrible.
One concern was that the windows in the room open really wide enabling a space large enough that a child could easily fall out - particular concern as we were a few floors up. There was no place to store our luggage until it was time to leave except in the thoroughfare hallway.
The staff were really helpful and very pleasant throughout our stay and dealt with our requests speedily. They were an asset to a hotel which has the potential be a great wee hotel but needs a lot more investment to get it to where it really could be rated higher.

Room Tip: A room at the back will be quieter for a better night's sleep
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Clean and comfortable but not much else! The rooms are as big as the bed and electricity sockets hang off the wall. But it's cheap!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I spent one night in a double for single use at the Hotel Victor Hugo in May.

The staff were knowledgable and very helpful. As examples, English-speaking staff were able to direct me to a nearby internet café and a store that sold an item I needed, and they made space available to me to change my clothes long after I checked out (and before an overnight train).

My room was bright, accessible by elevator, and offered wonderful views of the Place Victor Hugo with its delightfully leafy trees. The air conditioner worked well and kept sound to a minimum. While satisfactory, the room did have some quirks. For example, it was small and the bed was not as wide as the space between wall-mounted bed-side “tables.” That made sense, because if the bed had been wide enough to fit between them, there would not have been enough space to walk beside the bed to the bathroom. No problem for me; it might matter more to couples. The comfortable bed was fitted with a bolster; pillows were available from the reception desk. The bathroom was large, but had almost nothing from which one could hang handwash – there was just one hook, and it was far from the bath. Too, the shower had no curtain or divider, so I chose to bathe rather than struggle to keep the room dry while showering.

Breakfast included some delicious local items (such as a wonderful local ham) in addition to widely available goods. Was the breakfast worth the 9 euro charge? I’m not sure.

One other note: It was extremely difficult to get a taxi to the train station at the end of my stay (a Wednesday night). I considered walking to the train station – it isn’t far – but I was running a little later than I had planned and thought it would be safer to take a taxi. The hotel receptionist called for a taxi and was told that one would come, but he warned me that taxis don’t always come when called – how right he was! After a while (perhaps 10 minutes - no more), I went to the street, where the few taxis I saw passed without the slightest pause. The hotel receptionist kept checking with the taxi company. It took well over a half-hour to get a taxi to stop, and then the driver insisted on a rate that was far higher than the meter would show. At that point, I was not about to disagree! Fortunately, I reached the train station in time for my train, if with much, much less of a margin than I would have preferred. I do NOT consider this issue to be a problem with the hotel; I mention it only to provide information to others who visit Toulouse.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo