“Best Night's Sleep in Weeks”

Ibis Budget Toulouse Centre
Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Toulouse
Budapest, Hungary
“Best Night's Sleep in Weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We arrived in Toulouse and the airport shuttle driver left us at the wrong Ibis. We did not know the Ibises were rated. They directed us to our hotel. The front of it looks like it is in a strip mall, so I was not expecting much.

I was exceptionally surprised from the start. The young woman clerk was efficient and polite. Our room, which was on the 8th floor was sparkling clean, basic, but fully functional with free WiFi. It was all that we could want. Walking from here to center of the city was only 15 minutes at best.

The bathroom was great. It was so warm we took the window guard off and had the window open wide. There was not a peep of noise from the street.

Breakfast was extra and a very simple self-serve buffet with many sugared items. Being a diabetic, my choices were severely limited, but I did get enough coffee to fill me up. Normally, I would say avoid the breakfast, but then it becomes a hunt for a breakfast restaurant in the city.

I would return here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floors overlooking the back of the building.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BudaBaB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you are looking for a clean bed, two towels and a soap - this is the hotel for you. It is very basic with basic breakfast included. It is very very clean and serves the purpose of sleep and go very well!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Windsor, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is now a 'Ibis Budget' hotel and being a 'budget' hotel I was concerned. I was shocked. Room was clean, large, functional. Shower was good - plenty off hot water. Super quiet. I like the key code access over a traditional key. Only thing the pillows were very thin (I had a jumper under them) and there was only 2 towels - no hand towel, mat etc. I will be using the Ibis Budget brand more often and saving my money for other things. Very happy with my stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cam E
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very nice hotel with cozy rooms at the heart of Toulouse. It is perfect if you are stopping by for business or tourism. The hotel is not far from the city center that is 20mn away on foot. Toulouse has an efficient and automatic bike rental system that makes the distance even shorter. The rooms are renovated and clean and the staff are welcoming. All in all it was a nice experience, I recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I booked this under Ibis, so TripAdvisor's Etap label is a little misleading. It is very basic but clean with everything you need for a short stay. The room was cleverly designed with very good double glazing. As they give you a key code, you don't even have to check out. I was delighted that the TV channels included BBC World News. Also unlike other Ibis - including Toulouse airport's version according to my friends - it has a separate bathroom with actual walls, rather than just a glass screen.

Location-wise, it's 10 minutes walk from the railway station, a bit less from the bus station. It's about 10 - 15 minutes walk to the town centre. It felt a little dodgy, so I was glad I was walking to and from the station in daylight. There is nowhere to buy food apart from a petrol station down the road, so unless you bring supplies I would probably order their breakfast, as it seems about the going rate.

The receptionist didn't speak English but that wasn't a problem as I speak French. Well, not a problem once I figured out that she was explaining about the key code! She was very patient and smiley about my dim-wittedness. If you just need a place to sleep, it's fine.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo