“Great budget hotel”

Ibis Styles Toulouse Capitole
Ranked #29 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Brilliant location, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice decor. Smallish bed, but very comfortable, and for toulouse, the price for comfort and location was very good. Surprisingly, we could not hear a noise! We had a superior double facing a courtyard. We have stayed in beaux arts hotel before and the room, while nice, was half the size and a lot more expensive. I would definitely choose the taur again.

Only stayed one night and did not have breakfast so cannot comment on that. We had an early flight and is close to Jean dárc airport shuttle bus stop.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank danbandini

Reviewed 31 October 2010

I stayed in this hotel TWICE during my month-long visit to France to see my daughter while she was living in Toulouse. I chose it for its price, and because it was within walking distance of her apartment. Both of my rooms were very clean, and although there was no air conditioning, the large windows and fan made the room comfortable. Hot water was plentiful. The staff was friendly, and understood or spoke English well enough for us to communicate. The hotel was easy to find, and it's central location near the Capitole de Toulouse plaza placed me within walking distance of anything I wanted to see in Toulouse. It's a real bargain.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank LindaSulzdorf
Reviewed 22 October 2010

This charming hotel is located adjacent to the huge public square in front of the Hotel de Ville where there is a large underground parking garage - a great location for a one night stay. The staff were very helpful in suggesting a place for dinner (it was a small family run restaurant with great food). Our room was comfortable and clean. We opted for breakfast at the hotel as we wanted an early start to our day of driving - the breakfast room was very small for the size of the hotel and thus crowded with no elbow room when we arrived for our breakfast. The food quality and choices were good and the coffee machine was very cool.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kmcclinchey
Reviewed 20 October 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights on my own in October as i was attendning a Rugby match with family stayed elsewhere in the City. The location is excellent, within walking distance to everything I wanted to see and surrounded by superb restaurants. I had a double room, with a little balcony overlooking a quiet courtyard, so a good night's sleep was had. My room was fairly plain, but I did love the red theme in reception, and it was clean and comfortable. I didnt have a hairdryer in my room, but when i mentioned this to the staff they happily lent me one for the duration of my stay. My only negative comment would be the size of the shower, I could barely turnaround in it! Overall, for it's excellent location, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Helen A
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We chose a twin room and found ourselves in a delightful hotel, perfectly located, funky decor, lovely breakfast, clean spacious twin room with bath and extremely courteous and helpful staff. A two star with style and class. A great experience for us as was the Journee Europeenne du Patrimoine.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank whirlingsunshine
Reviewed 1 February 2010

It's a nice hotel really well placed, very close to anything you might need (shopping centers, restaurants, bars, subway station, touristic attractions). The staff was really helpful and friendly, they always asked us if we needed anything and if we are comfortable, offered us tea or coffee in the evenings. The rooms are not big, but I found mine very comfortable (room 20), I liked the bed and the bathroom so close, even though as some of you already said it, the pipes were kind of noisy. As I stayed 3 for 3 weeks in January, a very good thing was that the room was very warm, I slept in summer pyjamas. I enjoyed breakfast in their nice kitchen (2 types of bread, croissants, muffins, salami, ham, 4 types of cheese, cereals, fruits, milk, juice, coffee, tea). It was really good to be so close to everything, as we got there right on time for the sales, so we always had a lot of stuff to carry back to the hotel; and also for seeing all the attraction points in town (cathedrals, museums, the river banks), close to the subway we were able to see a lot in only 4 days of visiting (for the rest we were almost always at work). The most important and interesting restaurant are all around the central square, also the main bookstores in town (very interesting offers and prices) and there is a laundry service nearby. Indeed, carrying our luggage upstairs was an adventure and quite hilarious for someone from outside, but it didn't bother me that much as I did this only once.
I would definitely recommend it to friends and I would stay there again.....

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexia17
Reviewed 23 December 2009

The accommodations were lovely and clean, housekeeping staff was kind, very conveniently located. That said, the staff was not particularly helpful and was even somewhat rude when my cellular phone was stolen and I needed to a) use their phone to call the States (toll free) to cancel my phone, and b) requested to use their internet to quickly notify my emergency contact of the theft. They did, with some significant begging, allow me to do a), but they refused b) and instead sent me down the street to an internet cafe. Not a very nice way to treat a guest. That said, the rooms are quite basic, but very nice, quiet, and lovely. The shower spigot is a handheld type so I brought a hook/holder with me so that I could stand underneath the spray which helped.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo