“Great hotel, fantastic staff”
Review of St Claire Hotel

St Claire Hotel
Ranked #29 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for our wedding anniversary in Sept 2013. The hotel is perfectly located in Toulouse-on a quiet street but close enough to walk to the main attractions. There's also a small carrefour grocery shop opposite the hotel for snacks etc.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable with lovely toiletries in the bathroom. We had a room several floors up which could be reached either by lift or stairs.

The staff here are incredible! They knew it was our wedding anniversary so they left a lovely gift of beautiful traditional soaps! Such a kind gesture. When we asked for cups of tea to be brought to the room they came with a slice of the most delicious cake!! Nothing was too much trouble-the staff gave us great directions to the nearby car park for our car and also arranged our restaurant bookings-they also told the restaurant it was our wedding anniversary so were we given complimentary aperitifs at dinner!!

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would like to say thank you to all the staff at this hotel for making our stay in Toulouse very special!

Room Tip: Fantastic staff!
6  Thank TheLittleWelsh

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I thought I had already submitted a review of this lovely hotel...but it wasn't there when I looked today. I stayed for two nights in December during the Christmas market in Toulouse. When I arrived on a rainy day, the hotel manager offered me a hot drink and breakfast while waiting for my room to be ready. I arrived around 10 am and did not expect to check in until much later, but they immediately took my bags to my room while I was having breakfast. Later in the day when I returned to my room, the manager (a different manager) offered me a hot drink, which I happily accepted since it was a very cold day! I was waiting for her to prepare my tea and she told me she would bring it to my room! I went to my room and in a short time she appeared with a lovely tray of hot tea. This hotel is very conveniently located to visit Toulouse on foot. The room was very quiet, with electric window shade that you could close out any street noise or light. It was exceptionally clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The breakfast room in the morning was very cheerful with lots of choices - each morning was a different type of homemade bread: banana bread, chocolate walnut bread, lots of jams, real boulangerie mini-croissants (not the kind from the grocery store), cheese, yogurts, honeys, more. The hotel manager was on site refilling the buffet and taking are of customers in a friendly way. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Toulouse - if I can get a room! I think once people find out about this hotel it will be necessary to book well in advance. Thank you Hotel St. Claire for a very cozy, enjoyable, friendly stay. The service was better than excellent!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Carol E
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The St.Claire was perfect for us and our two nights in Toulouse, meeting our desire to be in walking distance to key attractions, comfortable sleeping arrangements and having hospitable hosts. I must say that we prefer B & B's to "normal hotels" and this one met our expectations in that regard. Olivier was a wonderful host, presenting us with a tray of 4 café au laits before the 4 of us set out to explore the surroundings. We received great directions on reaching our targets, e.g., Victor Hugo market.

The breakfast was wonderful (not included in the room charge, but worth the price) and started our days on a high note. We would definitely choose this accommodation upon returning to Toulouse.

4  Thank seamag1
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The only positive I can say about this hotel is that the staff were very friendly and polite, but it is very small. I had to climb onto the very small double bed to go to my side of the bed, the loo was very small and just fitted between the bath and wall. The bed was uncomfortable and small, and the furniture and furnishings were bottom of the market. Cleanliness is doubtful with a heavy hessian floor, and the lift was tiny, just room for 2 without your cases. Avoid the breakfast as it was very sparse and the coffee was luke warm. Find another hotel at this price, and I suggest find a hotel with parking if you have a car, but city parking is expensive.

Room Tip: rooms with a '02 as our room was very small
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank simongee2010
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were recommended to this hotel by a Toulouse friend, and we had a most enjoyable three days here. Having read reviews on Trip Advisor about the small rooms, we decided to upgrade to a "Supérieure" room - whilst this was also small, it had two windows on adjacent walls, so it gave the appearance of being light and airy.

What makes this hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff - a welcome each time we walked through the front door.

There are some lovely restaurants nearby, and we particularly liked Le Bistrot which is well worth visiting. The hotel is a very short walk from Allées Jean Jaurès where there is a bus stop for the Airport Shuttle; and it is within easy walking distance of all the main sites.

Breakfast is fine, and free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.

We shall return when we are next in Toulouse.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank CalellaDePalafrugell
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A very nice place to stay
Location is convenient; an easy walk to public transport.
Rooms are simple and some of the rooms are very small (as advertised) but everything is clean and pleasant.
Staff were also very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We spent 3 day in this wonderfull hotel.The room was spotless with a very comfy bed.The staff very friendly and helpfull.Great Location with some very good resteraunts nearby.Cant imagine staying anywhere else the next time we visit Toulouse

4  Thank Douglas W