“Clean, Comfortable, Cozy”
Review of Hotel Heliot

Hotel Heliot
Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a homey little hotel with modern comforts. It's right on the edge of the tourist-friendly, bustling city center. But it's also close enough to the train station to be walkable (although the neighborhood around the station itself is as you'd expect, like most European train stations). There's a metro stop right nearby, the airport bus stops practically out the front door, and you really can walk to everything else if you enjoy walking. And Toulouse is a city you should walk around in!

Service was impeccable. We stayed one night on the front end of a trip and decided to stay a night at the end of the trip because we were perfectly satisfied and comfortable with everything.

Room Tip: Street side rooms may be louder, but the street itself is very, very quiet and the windows are well...
There are newer reviews for Hotel Heliot

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I did not stay in the hotel so I cannot speak for the hotel itself. The reason why we did not stay in the hotel is because 1) my husband contracted a severe intestinal infection and was hospitalized in Fes, Morocco for 3 days on IV. I have all the documentation from the hospital, doctor, laboratories, pharmacies, etc. 2) France air traffic control was on strike and our flight with Air France was canceled. .PS: we booked the hotel thru hotel.com. The fact that I even called the night before to cancel the reservation, considering the nightmare I was going thru, a woman alone in Morocco with a sick husband in the hospital (he almost had kidney failure) I think is remarkable, yes, I was operating on emergency mode! The general manager of the hotel, Frédéric MICHEL, told me over the phone, very loud and clear, that he did not care, his own words, that it wasn't his problem and yes, the credit card had been charged at 100%. Frederic tried to blame hotel.com 72 hour policy when the hotel was the one that charged my husband's credit card. I'm just appalled at the lack of understanding, humanity, and PROFESSIONALISM!

5  Thank 852paulalala
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were really pleased with the Hotel Heliot, in the comfort, the friendliness of the owner, the quiet at night, and the 5 minute walk to the center of this beautiful city. I recommend this for any couple or single who is seeking a quiet and comfortable spot.

Thank HumboldtChrisRo... H
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We chose this Hotel to stay in for one night as it was close to the railway station and very convenient for the airport shuttle the following morning. However, the area as you leave the station becomes less and less salubrious and my wife was somewhat concerned!

It turned out there was no need for that as the actual Hotel was really quite pleasant on the outside and suited our needs fully.

The manager was delightful and very helpful, the room was plenty big enough. The bus stop was just a couple of minutes away from the Hotel.

We would be more than happy to use the hotel again and on that basis to recommend it.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

In Toulouse for business near the airport during the week and needed a place for the weekend to explore the city before I departed. Chose Hotel Heliot based on other reviews I read here. All the good things I had read turned out to be absolutely true. The owner is terrific. He speaks excellent English and was very helpful with all my questions as a tourist unfamiliar with Toulouse. The location was even better than the Google map suggested, just a few steps from a major street and the airport shuttle stop, yet secluded and very quiet. It's a small hotel and you feel like you are walking into a home, rather than a hotel lobby. The room wasn't fancy, but it was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room was actually larger than the "business class" hotel that I stayed at near the airport earlier that week and was half the price.

Based on a limited sample of two, I'd say it was an excellent value for the money. If I ever go back to Toulouse, I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Owner and excellent host Frederic is very helpful, personable and speaks good english. He is always there and clearly loves restoring this older property and providing his guests with a pleasant experience. While still a bit of a work in progress, the unfinished elements do not detract from the comfort and what he has done is all very tasteful, charming and, where appropriate, modern. Location is very close to the airport bus stop, a 25 minute ride costing only 5 Euros saving a $40 Euro taxi fare. It is also within walking distance of all the major historical attractions of Toulouse as well as many good restaurants, stores, etc It is just far enough off the busy streets to be very quiet and the beds are very comfortable. Would definitely stay there again. (I posted the same review on Bookings.com).

Room Tip: No elevator and some rooms are on the fourth (European third) floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We only stayed at Toulouse one night as a stop over between arriving from Lourdes on the train and flying to Nice the next morning. We booked Hotel Heliot since it is near the train station and the airport shutte, reasonable price, and from reading the reviews. I was nervous of the location as it is in downtown, and I was traveling with my wife and three daughters. It turns out that the walk from the train station to the hotel was easy even with luggage. The hotel location is very convenient to the pedestrian shopping and dining blocks of Toulouse. We were met by a lovely Samiha (sorry if I misspell) who checked us in and even walked out to show us the shuttle bus stop, which is right around the corner. The 2 rooms were spacious with high ceiling, clean bathroom, and fast WiFi. We found out in Lourdes that you need a different user name and password for each device that you want to connect to the Internet, and when we asked, Sameha gave us 6 without any hesitation. We met Frederick and his wife who are friendly and helpful hosts. She recommended us the restaurant Le Bon Vivre where we had an excellent dinner. We really enjoyed our short time walking around the Place du Capitole area and our stay at Hotel Heliot in Toulouse. We were not too concerned about scanning our finger to open the front door, but if you are, there is someone at the front from 7AM to 10PM.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family