“Clean and Central”

Ranked #98 of 129 Hotels in Toulouse
Toulouse
“Clean and Central”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights just recently. It's very central which is great as far as being near everything but the downside is that is can be noisy at night (if you like to keep the window open as we do). The room we had was very small but extremely clean. I would recommend it if you don't intend spending much time at the hotel other than sleeping.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank Garry And Debbi... B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Monterey Park, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

My husband and I were spending the recent holidays in Toulousse, France, and had a wonderful experience in staying at the Hotel de France. We found the staff very friendly, great service, and we loved the location where we could walk to restaurants, plazas, and its also close to the airport. We were so pleased to see the beautiful rows of draped Christmas lights all around the plaza, and many white market stands to do shopping. The Hotel is very quaint, super clean, with a real comfortable bed, artistic decor, and for us it was a perfect romantic getaway. We highly recommend this Hotel when in Toulousse!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LizCanadas
Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

This is in a very good location but we I still felt disappointed and that it was not good value. I booked a double room with a bath in advance as I knew I would be tired and wanted to relax in the tub before exploring the city. The room we were given was overlooking a stairwell and clean but dingy. The bathroom was very plain and the bath was only half size and not big enough to lie in. We complained and were told all the double room had small baths but were offered another bigger room. Much better, nice decor, big windows overlooking the street and a full sized bath - however we had to pay more for the room because it had a third bed in it which we did not need. Later I realised Wifi did not work in the room. Reception was helpful but couldn't fix the problem so I had to sit in reception to use my computer and we were not offered any recompense for this.
We had parked in the carpark associated with the Hotel but on checking out we were told there was no reduction in price on the parking because we had parked there for longer then just evening to morning. (We had parked in the afternoon to the following late morning). So we had to pay the carparks full fee. Nobody had mentioned this on checking in.
After my stay I wrote to the manager expressing my disappointment with the above but as yet have received no reply.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front overlooking the street to avoid the stairwell room. Ask for a full size...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

The building itself quite old, and inside as well, but with renovation. When choosing a hotel I wanted something like this one: french style and a little old fashioned, with interesting wood furniture, cozy and in a good location, so I can walk to the center easily. I had it all and was nice surprised with the Hotel de France. They have elevator, really old one, but safe, they have stairs, so you can walk if you live on the second floor. You can have breakfast for the additional price. I can highly recommend this Hotel if you travel by your own or with someone. It has this elegant spirit of France and sharm. I definitely liked it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank IrinMarseille
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed four nights in a hotel with certain surprises: a very small room which was not very practical: the air condition was switched off in the whole hotel (reason: low temperature outside!),
no fridge, only one peg (in the bathroom), no safe. To bulbs had to be changed. Very bad quality of the only English-speaking channel (CNN - totally destroyed by commercial and self-promoting advertisments). Add a very simple, unhealthy breakfast and a lot of noise from the streets during night. But - as a positive remark: eco-friendly lights (photo-cells) in the corridors. The service and politeness from the reception staff varied.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Toulouse hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel was easy to find from the bus stop where the airport bus dropped us off. All the reception staff spoke good English and was incredibly helpful. The rooms equipt with basic stuff but they are all new and in good condition. One downside of the room was that there was no safe.
The hotel is ideally located in the city, within short walking distance to most tourist points of interest. The best thing about the location was the large market that is situated right behind the hotel (go out of the rear entrance of the hotel). The market has an amazing selection of fresh delicious food, anything from sea food to meats to breads to tiny pizzas that they warm up for you right there and then. Every stall owner we spoke to were so friendly and helpful.
Toulouse was an lovely city to visit and Hotel de France was a wonderful icing on the cake.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms (we stayed on the 4th floor) as there are cafes close to the hotel. 4th f...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Hailsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I am just back from my first city break trip to Toulouse and whilst there I stayed at this very charming old hotel located steps away from Place de President Thomas Wilson and just a short walk from Place du Capitole. My flight landed in Toulouse at 9:30am and the 20 minute taxi ride from the airport cost 27 Euros. The front desk staff were very polite and very friendly and I was allocated room 207, a small but comfortable room on the second floor overlooking the street. The room came with a double bed, flat screen TV (all French channes except for CNN Sport), air conditioning, black out curtains, desk and chair, ensuite shower/toilet. The bed was comfortable and I did not experience any noise from the street below - but I did have my window closed due to the intense heat outside (thank goodness for A/C). The only bit of criticism I can think of is that the bathroom was poorly lit. To sum it up, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel de France and would not hesitate in recommending the hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo