“Wonderfull boutique hotel close to resturants and shopping.”
Review of Hotel de France

Hotel de France
Ranked #102 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
“Wonderfull boutique hotel close to resturants and shopping.”
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Must say that Toulouse is one of my favourite places in France. It's a very friendly place!

The hotel was very nice, stay in room 501, which has a very nice balcony and is spacious in a small neat way!

The reception staff are excellent and are very happy to help. Speaking fluent English too, when they know your French is rusty!

The room is clean with a few dusty bits which isn't too bad. Don't bring too big a suitcase as the lift is interesting!

Parking is close by in a park called Victor Hugo car park, 19€ a night. Cheaper if you come at 6pm and leave at 10am.

I would definitely stay here again, puts the big chains to shame.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mistry-travler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My parents and I stayed one night in the Hotel de France. We had tried to find a cozy B&B rather than a chain hotel in Toulouse, but weren't able to find an available one that suited our price range. The Hotel de France was clean, the staff was kind and helpful, and our room was comfortable. It doesn't have a lot of personality, but we knew that when we booked. Breakfast was simple, but filling. It seemed like a reliable place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Auckland
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We have just spent three nights at the Hotel de France. Our room and its bathroom were both very clean and a comfortable size. They were serviced daily. The hotel is very close to the Place du Capitole and one is spoilt for choice with nearby restaurants - there are a number of good ones in the street below ( a little noisy at night if one has a front room, but not really a problem). There is a great market in the street behind the hotel. It is about 15 minutes walk from the Gare.
Reception staff were courteous, but we needed to ask for details about breakfast (time and location) and for information to help orientate ourselves in the city and a map. In my opinion, all this information should be given without us needing to ask for it.
We would however be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KHandKF
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This was a lovely little hotel. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very sweet with a beautiful french style bed which was very comfortable. The bathroom was small but functioned very well. The location was very good with a lovely park at the end of the street. Many shops all within walking distance made it a very convenient place to stay.
Only negative I found was there was no provisions for making a cup of tea in the room.
Our stay was only one night, had I stayed for longer I think I would have been quite bothered not being able to make a cup of tea.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the front of the hotel with a delightful street view below. Was very happy to w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Toulouse
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights just recently. It's very central which is great as far as being near everything but the downside is that is can be noisy at night (if you like to keep the window open as we do). The room we had was very small but extremely clean. I would recommend it if you don't intend spending much time at the hotel other than sleeping.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank Garry And Debbi... B
Monterey Park, California, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2013

My husband and I were spending the recent holidays in Toulousse, France, and had a wonderful experience in staying at the Hotel de France. We found the staff very friendly, great service, and we loved the location where we could walk to restaurants, plazas, and its also close to the airport. We were so pleased to see the beautiful rows of draped Christmas lights all around the plaza, and many white market stands to do shopping. The Hotel is very quaint, super clean, with a real comfortable bed, artistic decor, and for us it was a perfect romantic getaway. We highly recommend this Hotel when in Toulousse!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LizCanadas
Bristol
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This is in a very good location but we I still felt disappointed and that it was not good value. I booked a double room with a bath in advance as I knew I would be tired and wanted to relax in the tub before exploring the city. The room we were given was overlooking a stairwell and clean but dingy. The bathroom was very plain and the bath was only half size and not big enough to lie in. We complained and were told all the double room had small baths but were offered another bigger room. Much better, nice decor, big windows overlooking the street and a full sized bath - however we had to pay more for the room because it had a third bed in it which we did not need. Later I realised Wifi did not work in the room. Reception was helpful but couldn't fix the problem so I had to sit in reception to use my computer and we were not offered any recompense for this.
We had parked in the carpark associated with the Hotel but on checking out we were told there was no reduction in price on the parking because we had parked there for longer then just evening to morning. (We had parked in the afternoon to the following late morning). So we had to pay the carparks full fee. Nobody had mentioned this on checking in.
After my stay I wrote to the manager expressing my disappointment with the above but as yet have received no reply.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front overlooking the street to avoid the stairwell room. Ask for a full size...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple