“Great lunch!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have been wanting to go for a few weeks now and finally got there. Reservations are necessary even for lunch, as several parties were turned away. There is a lunch menu with a wide variety of dishes on it. I enjoyed a soup with chestnut purée and a poached egg. My plate was a pintade with fresh vegetables in a ginger cream sauce. Quite tasty, and the bread was a homemade vegetable quick bread that had great flavor and pieces of onion and chives. Wine list was good with several selections by the glass for reds, whites and rose. Service was quick, and overall great. Room is a little small, so it felt a little stuffy when I first arrived, but it was also a rainy day, so the door was shut.
I will go back again for dinner and try a few other things

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Firstly thanks to the other reviewers, because otherwise I don't think we would have ever come across this little restaurant. We were also very lucky to get a table. We arrived just before opening time and the staff were having a meal on the footpath. They told us if we came back right on opening time they could fit us in. The little restaurant was packed. Obviously the locals love it.
Our waiter's english was not great, but he took the time to explain. When there was one word he was stuck on, he went to the kitchen and brought back a piece of licorice to show me. So I ended up eating duck with a delicious licorice sauce. We had the menu and every course was a delight. Beautifully presented. Any Sydney restaurant owners reading this - take note. No need for flashy surrounds and snobby waiters. Just concentrate on creating beautiful food.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We tried this place on the strength of the reviews and because it was close to our hotel (Pullman). We didn't book and were lucky to get a space on the pavement on a warm evening. I would seriously suggest booking as lots of people were turned away as they were full. The menu was what I would call "modern French", i.e. classics with a twist. Great food. So good we came back again during our stay. Probably the best food we had in our week in Toulouse and we did eat well. The neighbourhood around the restaurant is quite residential but full of great little eateries and bars so a good atmosphere in the summer and not touristy. Definitely one to try.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

we had lunch here twice in one week. the menu is small, but excellent. the first time we had salads (Caesar and ham); the second time we ate duck breast and Moroccan-style lamb. but almost better than the food is the delightful atmosphere and extremely friendly service. i felt almost like an old friend the second time around!

Reviewed 3 January 2013

After a wonderful day in Toulouse, my hubby and I went back to our hotel (Pullman) and searched for somewhere to spend my birthday evening. This little place seemed perfect. We went along and we were very surprised by its schoolroom/cartoon/90s France feel. There was one table left and we were sure we weren't going to be in luck but sure enough we were and its safe to say its one of the best meals of 2012! Unassuming, quaint, very French and a charming team catering for your every needs. A simple menu with 5 starters, 5 mains and 3 puds but all beautifully presented and amazing flavours. The great atmosphere meant you could peer over to see what other people ordered without worrying at all.

Don't get dressed up, you'll be out of place and make sure you book. We heard 3 phone calls and picked out "je suis desolee" in all of them, as well as turning 4 groups away.

The bill came in an old skool pencil case with caramel bars and liquorice! Needless to say there was a great fat tip in our pencil case when we left and headed further into town to soak up the wonderful atmosphere!

Enjoy this place guys!