“Trendy, original, tasty”

Ranked #9 of 1,825 Restaurants in Toulouse
Price range: US$15 - US$21
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paris, France
“Trendy, original, tasty”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed this restaurant with the original childhood theme. There were a lot of references I did not understand on the menu as these are items that are from a French childhood, still I thought the quality and of the dishes were very high standard.

Some of the dishes are quite heavy, I think I should have asked for advice from the fairly friendly waiters, and I was a bit disappointed with the scallops as they were really quite overdone. But overall, a cosy restaurant, great with friends, reserve early, and enjoy the very tasty unlimited homemade bread!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank FionaMDevon

Toulouse, Midi-Pyrenees, France
“Exceedingly quirky and delicious!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This cheerful, quirky restaurant takes you back to the happy and careless days of childhood. And It's well worth the trip: you'll find traditional or more modern dishes, with unusual combinations of flavours or ingredients (I recommend the goat cheese and basil ravioles, yum); the menu is avried and changes regularly. Taking that trip is, however, no easy task: it took us 4 tries before we could get a slot! The restaurant is as small as it is popular (a dozen tables at most) so you will need to book ahead.

• Visited April 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I have been wanting to go for a few weeks now and finally got there. Reservations are necessary even for lunch, as several parties were turned away. There is a lunch menu with a wide variety of dishes on it. I enjoyed a soup with chestnut purée and a poached egg. My plate was a pintade with fresh vegetables in a ginger cream sauce. Quite tasty, and the bread was a homemade vegetable quick bread that had great flavor and pieces of onion and chives. Wine list was good with several selections by the glass for reds, whites and rose. Service was quick, and overall great. Room is a little small, so it felt a little stuffy when I first arrived, but it was also a rainy day, so the door was shut.
I will go back again for dinner and try a few other things

Visited November 2013
sydney
“Back to school anytime”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Firstly thanks to the other reviewers, because otherwise I don't think we would have ever come across this little restaurant. We were also very lucky to get a table. We arrived just before opening time and the staff were having a meal on the footpath. They told us if we came back right on opening time they could fit us in. The little restaurant was packed. Obviously the locals love it.
Our waiter's english was not great, but he took the time to explain. When there was one word he was stuck on, he went to the kitchen and brought back a piece of licorice to show me. So I ended up eating duck with a delicious licorice sauce. We had the menu and every course was a delight. Beautifully presented. Any Sydney restaurant owners reading this - take note. No need for flashy surrounds and snobby waiters. Just concentrate on creating beautiful food.

• Visited September 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A great find.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We tried this place on the strength of the reviews and because it was close to our hotel (Pullman). We didn't book and were lucky to get a space on the pavement on a warm evening. I would seriously suggest booking as lots of people were turned away as they were full. The menu was what I would call "modern French", i.e. classics with a twist. Great food. So good we came back again during our stay. Probably the best food we had in our week in Toulouse and we did eat well. The neighbourhood around the restaurant is quite residential but full of great little eateries and bars so a good atmosphere in the summer and not touristy. Definitely one to try.

• Visited June 2013