“superb ambiance, food, and service”
Review of Le Bibent

Le Bibent
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Bibent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,855 Restaurants in Toulouse
Price range: US$30 - US$59
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint Rome
Iowa
“superb ambiance, food, and service”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I really liked this place, the food was excellent! This was the first time I had es cargot (snails) and it was excellant. There was nothing there that I had that was bad. I found out from my colleague from Paris that it is run by a world famous chef and the food definatley shows. The restaurant itself was beautiful with the mostly gold accents. I plan on going back before I leave france. I would say this is a place you must go to if you are in Toulouse.

• Visited March 2012

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brazil
“Very beautiful place.”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We enjoyed a lot. The place is wonderful and the food very good. It closes late in the evening and it's not necessary making reservation. Perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Visited February 2012
Essex
“Great location and restaurant decor - shame about the food”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Bisque arrived luke warm despite being told to be careful of the hot skillet! Lamb and haricot beans average - 3 of us of felt the same. Apparently the desserts were OK. I think you are paying for the location and the interior of the restaurant - I have had alot better food in Toulouse elsewhere.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank SkiingHeathers
Galway, Ireland
“Elegant cafe with a great buzz, service, and the BEST chocolate tart in the world!”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Le Bibent was pointed out to me by my Toulouse Walking Tour guide Penny. Apparently in days of old it was the busiest cafe in town... thanks in no small part to the fact that it was located right next to the main drop off and pick up point for the stage coach. It was certainly buzzing last Saturday lunch time as I nested down in my table for one directly opposite the entrance to the kitchen. I had live drama all afternoon as the animated and perfection seeking head chef inspected and garnished every plate that left his kitchen!
Everyone around me was having sardines so I asked for some too and they were exquisite with a glass of Chablis. For main I had a delicious chicken and dumplings dish with a glass of red recommended by one of the numerous friendly and attentive waiting staff. Then the piece de resistance... Chef Christian Constant's famous chocolate tart. At 12 euro it had to be famous for the right reasons... and it was. Simply divine. This was washed down by a glass of red dessert wine and a cafe. I would normally consider 60 euro for one person's lunch pretty extravagant. But it was my birthday... and I was worth it!
PS Late the following evening I found myself wandering the Capitol Square. There weren't many places open or busy looking. There was McDonalds on one side and Le Bibent with that amazing chocolate tart on the other. You only live once!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank TonyVanDer
Hampshire, UK
“Elegant, slightly OTT, but ultimately beautiful cafe”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Ordered a couple of hot drinks which were perfectly fine. Service was fast once we got the waiter's attention (it is a very popular place for tourists). Dont forget to just take a table, it's pointless waiting, and to look up at the wonderfully, restored decoration.

Visited December 2011