“Disappointing”
Review of Le Colombier

Le Colombier
Reserve with
Le Colombier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 1,888 Restaurants in Toulouse
Price range: US$44 - US$88
Cuisines: Southwestern, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Raymond IV
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went to experience their speciality duck/goose dishes. At 25 euros I anticipated an amazing cassoulet. It was tasty but consisted of a very nice sausage, a tiny goose leg, various large lumps of fat and many haricots. The actual portion size was small. My husband had the 2nd house speciality which was a thrown together, but tasty, salad with slices of freshly cooked duck, dried duck, cepes and potatoes on lettuce. Another 25 euros. The service was poor. We sat for quite a while before being offered anything. The one waitress was too busy (she explained that they only had one booking - us! - so were expecting a quiet night but it was almost full by 8.30 with people arriving on spec as must happen most evenings)).The red wine we ordered (18 euros for a demi pichet) was not available. A second choice came eventually after a reminder but the meal was nearly finished by then. An expensive disappointment. We have eaten far better and cheaper similar dishes in Narbonne, Carcassonne and Beziers. Sadly we would not go back and would not recommend it.

1  Thank JenniferYorkshire

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had lunch at this charming little restaurant. The food was excellent, reminiscent of small regional restaurants in the villages around Carcassonne.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Le Colombier immediately impressed with its 18th Century origins and clean table settings. We chose its signature menu offering of Cassoulet and Apple Tart desert. Our first experience of traditional Casoulet dish and found it to be flavoursome and wholesome, and the waiter showed an engaging personality, making us very welcome in spite of our barely adequate French!
The remaining tables appeared to be occupied by locals who also seemed to enjoy their dining experience.

2  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our two week driving trip ended in Toulouse on a Saturday and we did not expect to get a reservation at a highly rated restaurant on such short notice. After calling a few others, we called Le Colombier around 7:00 pm and were told we could have a table at any time we chose. Not a great sign on Saturday night but the reviews here were ok and we wanted something acceptable.
The decor was pleasant. The staff was pleasant and professional (though the cassoulet was recommended three times during the menu review). The service was well-paced.
While I am no aficionado, the cassoulet I had was very good but did not strike me as exceptional. My husband's "faux fillet" was slightly under cooked, served whole rather than sliced, and had many bits that had to be left aside. We thought the wine list was overpriced and chose the house red which was quite acceptable.
We agree with others that this wouldn't be on our list for another time.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

My first business trip to Toulouse for some years, so I invited some colleagues to Le Colombier to sample their excellent cassoulets. Unknown to me the restaurant has changed hands and the selection of cassoulets has now become one sole example on the menu. Although acceptable, and my colleagues who had not visited before were not disappointed, I feel there is better cassoulet to be had further East (Castelnaudary, Carcassonne).