“Classic fish restaurant”
Review of Jour de Peche

Jour de Peche
Reserve with
Jour de Peche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 1,570 Restaurants in Lille
Price range: US$24 - US$71
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant "Jour de Pêche" offer a new way based on a short menu, where wild fish and seasonal product are melted in a cosy and elegant atmosphere. Stellio grew up in his dad's kitchen, Restaurant La Matelote (Michelin star since 1982) in Boulogne sur Mer. Stellio signs, with his new restaurant, a refined and creative cuisine around fish and seafood. Carnivores will find enough meat at their taste.
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Classic fish restaurant, typical French interior, and good service. More important good fish at decent prices. Classic wine list. Recommended.

There are newer reviews for Jour de Peche

Reviewed 7 August 2012

My business colleague and I dined here after a long and weary business trip. We did the chefs set menu with matched wine package which was fantastic value. The food was amazing with lovely clean flavors and inventive dishes. I would definitely go back - I loved every course and I'm not even a huge fish fan!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. What a disappointment. The restaurant is very pretty and well situated in the heart of the old city. We arrived at 7.30 to find we were the only diners. No other customers arrived during the entire evening so we dined alone. Our dinner for two cost 99euros and comprised 5 scallops each, a bottle of mediocre wine, 2oz of cheese (Brie) each and a little bread. Clearly the inhabitants of Lille knew this as many other restaurants were busy and lively. It was empty all night. Like eating in a morgue and very expensive.

2  Thank Alicelincolnshire
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Centrally located just of the main square and specialises in fish. Smart interior and friendly helpful service. Crab cakes were stunningly good and the turbot was outstanding. Really good mixture of tastes and textures and the food was really well presented .

Prices are realistic for the quality of food and are comparable with L'ecume de mer next door. Was pretty full on a saturday evening and would recommend making a reservation. Most of the clientele were locals

This was our visit to Jour de peche and as regular visitors to Lille we will definitely return.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I found the food to be good but not really as good as you would expect for the price. I was very impressed with the waiter who explained the menu to us and who made us feel very at home. We also were given an amuse bouche which was a nice treat. However, my first course of soup was rather on the cool side and the menu mentioned Thai influence which was nowhere to be found, although it was tasty. My main dish of 4 different prices of fish was rather small and dominated by a huge pile of some sort of pickled cabbage (described as vegetables on the menu) and not much sauce. The fish was cut in such small pieces that unsurprisingly they were a little on the dry side. However, my partner enjoyed the crab cakes and turbot that he had so perhaps I was just unlucky. We had a nice evening but I cannot say I would recommend it particularly. We spent 107 euros for 2 courses each with an average bottle of wine. Maybe I expected too much but we had far cheaper meals in Lille that were nicer.