Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place
US$125
US$98
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Ibis Lille Centre Gares(Lille)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$117
HotelsClick
  • Pool
1,176 results
All reviewsopera housegreat locationclock towerold townprivilege roomthe main squarejunior suitepaper cupsnespresso machinereasonable sizeminute walkstandard roomquiet streetgreat roomnice breakfastcity breaklille centre
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is the best location you can have in town, very good service, specially at the reception with a staff very helpful.
Breakfast buffet is very creative. I loved the New decoration of the rooms, that give you a very modern ambiance in an old building...

Room Tip: Good views on the last top floor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear 36denis ,

Thank you very much for chhosing our hôtel during your stay in Lille. We are glad that you have enjoyed our hotel’s Lille location and all our services.

We still hope to give you a warm reception once again for your next stay in our city.

Best Regards

Delphine Baudry

Reviewed 4 June 2014

First time in Lille on a business trip. North of France but closest part of France to the Netherlands where I live. Arrived in the evening and after a few wrong turns made my way to the hotel. Missing my way from the Gare Lille Flandres (Train station) gave me the impression that it was difficult to find till I turned the opposite direction and realised that It was a five minute walk and very straight forward. Tip: The hotel is at a junction Rue des Bons Enfants on one side and Boulevard Carnot on the other.

The hotel itself was a feast for the eyes on entry. Great lobby with a place to sit and chill out as well. Grand staircase to the right. The check-in went quickly once the family in front of me was done and the staff gave adequate information. Then the room; wow! I loved it. Great thought put in to the décor (modern in my eyes) and great colour coordination.See pictures and decide. I wonder how the double rooms and suites would be like if a single like I had was so pleasing to the eyes. All staff that I encountered up to the cleaners in my two night stay were helpful, courteous and professional. I did not use the restaurant.

Did I talk about the impressive Grand Place after which the hotel is named? It is just a minute, practically walk out on to the big 'square' and feast your eyes on grand pieces of architecture!
The Opera, and the massive Post office building that first looked like a church as a result of the high clock tower. It definitely is a must see. No wonder it shows on countless souvenirs. This hotel is a great place to get to see the city of Lille with food and fashion at every turn. Booking in advance got me a great price for this 4 star hotel? It was worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Martin123456,

We would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel Mercure Centre Grand Place during your stay in Lille. We are appreciated for having taken your time to share your experience on Trip advisor.

Your feedback is very important to help our hotel’s reputation building among the hotels in Lille. Also, our staff could get a lot of encouragement from clients’ good comments.

We still hope to give you a warm reception once again for your next stay in Lille.

Faithfully yours,

Delphine baudry

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went to Lille to attend a football match between the local club and PSG,which was fantastic and in the very modern stadium just 10 mins cab ride out of centre of Lille.
Arrived via direct train from paris and then left direct again to CDG, only staying 24 hours.
Never knew what to expect, but what we did get was a beautiful surprise.
Lille is a gorgeous small city filled with much history with stunning architecture from a long-gone era,but still a modern feel with the amenities it provides the traveller who is happy to explore by foot(which I think is the best way to learn anyway).
The hotel was in excellent position to be based for the overnighter,especially for getting into and out of town using the train.
Excellent value for the tariff charged and would recommend/stay again if/when we return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Stefano Z,

Thank you so much for your great review in regards to your recent stay among us !

We are very pleased to hear that you kept these memories about your stay in Lille and our hotel.

We are all looking forward to welcome you soon!

Yours faithfully,

Delphine Baudry

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel is very convenient, clean and the staff were very helpful. I had a nice room facing onto the street, with a little balcony. The only downside was the noise, not from the street, but from inside the hotel. And this was not a rowdy party or anything, it was just general noise of toilets flushing, people talking, doors closing. I stayed in room 104, my tip would be to ask for a different one if given it!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear GlobeTrotter6680 ,

Thank you for taking your time to post your serious comments about our hotel and share your experience on Trip advisor. We are glad that you have enjoyed our hotel’s Lille location.

We are sorry for the noise didn’t achieve some level of your expectation.

Best Regards

Delphine baudry

Reviewed 19 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Delphine B, Directeur général at Mercure Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014