“Very very good!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 106 Hotels in Lille
London, United Kingdom
“Very very good!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The location was perfect only a few minutes away from he centre of Lille. Very good base for exploring the old town. The room was fairly small and basic but this is an Ibis and so do not expect luxury. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was great and was a mixture of cereals, bread, pastries, juices and fruit. Will definitely visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you are planning to spend more than one night, I'd recommend forking out for somewhere a bit nicer. We were here on a 40% off deal which made it good value, otherwise would not have rated this place highly.
Throughout our duration we were met with lovely reception staff. Cannot fault the service. Our room was basic with tired decor. They've tried to make it funky with bright plastic furniture but it does nothing to improve the overall appearance. Shower is a good pressure and temperature but the room is quite small, especially between the sink and the wall.
On the first night I awoke to the air con dripping all over my bed. Very damp and unpleasant. The next morning I was moved promptly and apologised to which was an example of the great customer service here.
Overall, adequate accommodation but not somewhere if you like room.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

From the moment I entered the Ibis Styles (Lille Centre Gare Beffroi) I was given a warm welcome. The hotel is very clean, modern and bright. It’s a great location for visiting the city and close enough to the station (Dare de Lille-Flandres) for visiting the surrounding towns, villages and attractions.

At times Ibis hotels are like chains of coffee shops; where there seems to be one around every corner. Walking to my hotel I got confused as I believed I was still a few streets away from my destination when I came across the Ibis (Lille Centre Gares). Luckily I didn’t do which I’ve done on a previous occasion with two Ibis hotels with similar sounding names and tried to book in the wrong one.

The foyer of the hotel reminded me of the studio for a children’s TV show with a large ‘Welcome’ painted on the wall – complete with a big smiley face in the letter “o” (see photo ‘Welcome to the Ibis’). I was greeted with a warm smile by the genuinely nice lady who booked me in. She pointed out that free tea and coffee, and croissants, were available all day long on a table near by the checking in desk. Admittedly I did make use of this quite frequently and every time I left or entered the hotel I helped myself to a mini croissant.

The room was a good size for me. It may be a bit cosy if occupied by two people and their luggage but it was adequate for my needs. Like all these types of budget hotels they are built on a modular fashion so all rooms are generally the same dimensions. This was furnished more than other hotels in this chain which can be quite Spartan. There was a very small table which was more of a hostess trolley than a functional table. It was of little use for anything other than resting a drink or a book on. I tried to put my laptop on it but it was likely to fall off. It was accompanied by a bright orange plastic seat. This was barely comfortable so I used it to putting my case on. And there were two plastic stools which….. just got in my way most of the time to be honest. A small area with a rack for hanging clothes was provided. The TV worked well with a wide range of channels.

It’s good that there was a good water pressure for the shower which could be adjusted to suit your needs and there was ample hot water. Unfortunately two slight errors let them down. The refillable soap dispenser on the sink was empty (but got filled up on the 2nd day) and there was an exposed clump of electrical wires on the wall where a light fitting used to be (see photo ‘Exposed wiring’.

The wifi was free. You logged in using your name and email and away you went. I was impressed with a strong signal with no buffering, even when I was looking at videos on YouTube.

The bed was comfortable. Although the hotel was fairly busy I don't recall any noise from neighbours.

This Ibis branch provides breakfast with the room (but labelled it as free). The buffet area was very bright, colourful and clean. There was ample juices, breads, cheese, meats, yogurts etc. I was very satisfied with breakfast on my two days stay.

Apart from some minor oversights (an empty soap dispenser and the ugly hole in the wall with the exposed wiring) I really enjoyed my stay. It was very affordable and a great location for just popping out (turning left) and heading down the Rue de Paris straight to the main square in Lille and the Vieille Bourse. Incidentally you are also close to another Ibis hotel (see they are just like Starbucks or something!). I will certainly return to Ibis Styles (Lille Centre Gare Beffroi) in the future. Especially because of its proximity to the train station and it’s a perfect base for touring the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was not our first choice for our stop in Lille but that was based on the fact I was travelling with two adolescents and an elderly mother and did not want to travel too far from Lille Europe station.
We found the hotel after a short search and a minor bit of geographic confusion.
Check in was completed quickly and easily and we got to our rooms quickly. Staff were excellent.
The hotel was clean and comfortable but the rooms are a little on the small side. To be expected though considering it is at the budget end of Accor's hotels.
Everything worked well and the room was quiet.
I would recommend this hotel for those only stopping in transit or for overnight business stays. It is a little cramped for longer visits and has limited facilities.
The breakfast buffet was quite good and filled us up for another day of travel.
The location is convenient to the centre of town and the two major railway stations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank David_C_C_1
Okehampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Good hotel with car parking and only a short walking distance from town centre. Very good restaurants near and green park ditto. I can recommend this place and as it is in the town centre, car parking is very important and at affordable price

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

good hotel,not to bad a stay,only problem was the lift,only one working out of two in hotel,breakfast was ok,basic but thats what you expect in continental hotels,staff were nice and friendly especially the chambermaids,im going back to the area later this year and i would dtay there if i can get it for a good price again,

Room Tip: room 621 was nice and quiet at the back of the hotel