Citadines City Centre Lille
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Calm(Lille)
View Hotel
All reviewsstudio roomtrain stationcity centregreat place for a short stayprepare mealskettle providedsmall kitchencomfortable sleepold towntransport linkshouse keepinglocation was perfectstay there againstorage spacegood sizestayed one nightcarrefour supermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We've stayed here quite a few times now, most recently in December 2013. It's a good location for visiting Lille and provides a reasonable apartment set-up which is better for a slightly longer stay. The staff are fairly helpful, although we do not usually require much interaction with them other than to check-in, arrange the return of the parking key and to check-out.
The apartments are reasonably well-equipped. We stayed in a renovated room, which seemed slightly smaller than the same size apartment that we had previously stayed in. The re-decoration of the room, looks nice but seems to have reduced the storage space considerably. If you're on the lower floors, you may get some noise from the student accomodations that are nearby. Whatever floor you end up on, you will probably fall to sleep, wake up or both to the strains of the SNCF chimes over the road at the Lille Flandres station. If walk around Lille enough, and 'test' enough of the beer from Les 3 Brasseurs opposite the station, then you've nothing to worry about when it comes to sleeping. The rooms can be quite warm in the winter, we usually turn off all of the radiators to help.
There is also a Carrefour on the ground floor of the buidling, so all food/grocery requirements are within easy reach. There are secure parking spots under the apartment block.

Room Tip: A view over the area in front of Lille Flandres gives a good view, the corner facing the student apartment block next door is not so great a view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShuttleTydirium
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Got in late and since there was no electricity in the Deluxe Studio room I had originally booked the employee by the name of Coralie who works at the reception upgraded me to an appartment for my two nights stay.That was excellent customer service.I will be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Raymond-was-here
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Being a French Hotel/ apartment chain I chose to book this one for our short stay in Lillie. I recommend that you take essentials such as tea/coffee and shop locally at Carefore for the rest. Eating out in Lille is extremely expensive and if I were to go to Lille again I would make more use of the apartment's facilities and only have my main meal out. I think their website could give better directions by saying it is next to EuroLille shopping centre and opposite TriPost(at least this landmark is signposted) YOu can walk through Gare de Lillie to this shopping centre and not even get wet! Pity we did not know this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I had a two night stay here and found the room to be spacious, clean and comfortable. The room I had included a kitchen with all the amenities that you would need if you were to prepare your own meals. The location is good with a shopping centre close by and both Lille and Lille Europe stations only a short walk from the Hotel. The city centre is also nearby with some beautiful old buildings to see. Staff are efficient and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and were pleased with the good location of the hotel. We had a free parkingspace wich was great. The room itself is like a little studio, with a small kitchen. The room was OK with plenty of storagespace, but the bathroom was really tiny. In case you would like to use the kitchen: it is wel equiped but there is only 1 table in the room that doubles as a writing and make up table. Breakfast is good. Little mistake: our room was not cleaned the second day. Overall we tought this was good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple