“A lovely restaurant well worth a visit”
Review of Le compostelle

Le compostelle
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Le compostelle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,643 Restaurants in Lille
Price range: US$16 - US$61
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lille Centre 12
Description: Lille is now only 80 minutes from London by Eurostar. Le Compostelle is located in the old city centre, and the restaurant is the ideal place to combine shopping and gastronomy. This former relay from Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle which dates back to the 16th century has become a gourmet paradise.
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My wife and I found this restaurant during a short weekend break in Lille. Our table was downstairs and in a little alcove - a lovely atmosphere. The waitress and waiter serving us were both very pleasant and helpful. We had the Pilgrim menu which gave us a choice of several starters and main courses. My starter was smoked salmon on brioche whilst my wife had prawns and asparagus in a sauce. Both were well presented and very tasty. My main was a lovely pork dish done a rich sauce with mashed potato and shallots and my wife had a dish with three types of lamb. Again the dishes were really tasty. This together with a bottle of delightful Alsace Pinot Noir came to about £38 per head - not cheap but well worth it. Overall a lovely dining experience and we would certainly come back to this restaurant.

1  Thank CriticP

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Recommended by friends and reinforced by the positive reviews on TA.
Must have been a bad night. Food decidedly ordinary and in truth overpriced in comparison to other restaurants we ate at.
The building and its history are impressive.

1  Thank mauimanuk
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Recommended by our hotel we decided to give it a try. So glad we did, the food was really good, so much so we went back for lunch on the day we went home. Give it a try you will not regret it and whilst its not cheap it is worth every euro!

1  Thank BlueMarlinstravellog
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Really cool restaurant, not overly priced with wonderful history concerning the knights Templar.
The designers have managed to keep the old building facade intact and fitted a glass front in line with adjacent buildings thereby using the space as part of the dining area.

1  Thank THEMAGPIE95
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We had a meal at this restaurant as part of a weekend coach trip so I don’t know how much it cost bt I have assumed quite expensive.

Our party was seated at the top of the floor of the restaurant up a winding stone stairway. The furnishings were light and modern.

Our menu was:-
Amuse Bouche – some sort of salmony, craby type mousse with breadsticks.
Brouchettes of Quail on a salad – very nice
Lamb medallions with several veggie type things – lamb pink, which I like, lovely and tender.
A selection of cheeses
Dark chocolate shell with raspberries and basil sorbet inside, served with hot white chocolate sauce.
Coffee and a chocolate
Amuse bouche – Strawberries and cream in a shot glass.

The food was lovely, good sized portions without being too much. The waiting staff seemed a little off hand but I don’t think they spoke much English so down to us to communicate in French!

For food quality and presentation I would definitely go here again if we return to Lille but would probably check out the prices first!

1  Thank LenaCKent_UK