“For a little romance, try this!”

Le Moulin De La Galette
Ranked #6 of 101 Restaurants in Bayeux
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Charming restaurant on a sunny quiet terrasse along the river. Direct in front of the Tapestry Museum, close to the cathedral and the historical town center.
Reviewed 12 October 2013

A wonderful outdoor setting matched with excellent service and good food, we found this to be one of the most romantic spots in the area. Because it is off the beaten path, the small outdoor seating (don't think it fits more than 40) was perfect for a beautiful evening. A nice variety of gallettes and crepes, and, voila, a truly magical experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,217)

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Close to the museum of the Bayeux Tapestry, we stumbled upon it during a downpour. Really cute, and with very friendly staff. There are a good variety of galettes, with some unique combinations. Really tasty and great service.

1  Thank Chantyclair
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Food here is average according to our taste. I ordered the unsweetened pancake with salmon & scallops & my husband ordered the steak as recommended by the waiter. My meal was OK, the pancake good I thought because it had a good taste, the middle portion of it was a little too salty and the salmon & scallops filling was little (2 pcs of scallops and a few pieces of smoked salmon). My husband's steak was still bleeding. He ordered it medium-well but I guess French only cooks steak 3 different ways: rare, medium & well-done. The waiter was nice enough to offer to cook it more but my husband already lost his appetite. The crepe apple dessert was very good and recommended. It made my husband forget about his bad meal.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Le Moulin has outdoors dining, overlooking a little stream that runs through Bayeux. For people who need to eat gluten-free, the helpful staff will direct you to the large variety of galettes, which are very tasty. This is not the least expensive of restaurants, but it is worth a try.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nearly all restaurants in Bayeux are closed on Sunday night. Le Moulin de la Galette is the perfect place for a cozy dinner. The staff is friendly, the riverside setting charming, and we had wonderful galettes with mushrooms, cheese and ham and a pitcher of Merlot. I had made a reservation via e-mail in advance when I realized the lack of Sunday options, and I was glad that I did!