“David Basnier is the best tour guide we've seen on four continents”

Normandy Sightseeing Tours
US$119.86*
Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip from Bayeux
Ranked #4 of 40 Tours in Bayeux
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I spent two days on the Normany Beaches with David Basnier in mid June 2011. He was the best tour guide we've ever seen. He speaks perfect English (one of our biggest worries in planning) and is totally knowledgable of his subject matter. He had a very comfortable nice sized car. He made good use of old photos of various places as we visited them. to give us a sense of 1944. He was very helpful, particularly to my wife, who is the linguist in the family, in answering our questions about the French language. By the end of the second day, we felt like we had spent two days with a good friend.

1  Thank Larryf41

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Just finished our third trip to Normandy - we were bringing some relatives from the USA who had never been but wanted to see as much as they could in one day. Christophe Rault was our guide and was EXCELLENT - incredibly knowledgeable about both details of the war as well as real life stories of some of the participants/leaders. We had a mix of late and early teens and he handled the entire day with great energy and flexibility. He is the ONLY guide in our 3 trips that I would recommend! Thanks Christophe for a great day.

1  Thank Rush1001
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We booked a tour with Christophe Rault and had the most amazing day of our lives. He came on time and came prepared, bringing a book with copies of historical pictures of the places where we were going to tour. As the day progressed, he would show us a picture from his book from the 40's, showing us a picture of the city street we were walking on with soldiers walking on that same street. He explained in detail about the choice of Omaha beach, how they landed slightly off the location they were supposed to land, and how this helped the American's in their challenge to get off this beach alive. I am not a history buff but had wanted to see Normandy as my father had landed here after D-day. I can tell you that I feel as if I am now going to be a history buff, as I want to read more stories about D-day and have watched numerous movies on it, since returning home. THank you Christophe for giving us such a wonderful day.

1  Thank marilee12
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My wife didn't want to do the entire day on WW2 so we did the half day tour. We really enjoyed it and saw what I thought was enough. German bunkers, Omaha Beach, US cemetery all with commentary by our knowledgeable tour guide. It was nice because they picked us up at our B&B which was so convenient. Our tour guide was very nice, spoke good English, and gave us a very unique (French) perspective which was in someways painful to hear. Very good tour group.

1  Thank matthewedward
Reviewed 4 July 2011

As we booked on relatively short notice with NST already fully booked, we had to wait a day to get a confirmation that another guide would be available.  We were uncertain as to the quality of the guide we would be getting.  Our fears were misguided as our guide, Francis, was excellent.  The full day E-1 tour was excellent and very enriching for our whole family.  I found the experience at Omaha Beach and the American to be especially moving and beautiful.  All in all, a guided tour is a must for anybody visiting western France.

2  Thank mtakahas