“DO NOT MISS”
Review of OverlordTour

OverlordTour
Ranked #2 of 43 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Normandy,our tour agency invite you to discover the most poignant locations of the 1944 Normandy Landing,including the key landing beaches, war museums, and battlefields. Recommended by Veterans.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Colin was amazing. I am not a history buff but my husband is. I had the most amazing time. If given the chance I would take a two day tour next time. We able to see several different locations within the area of Normandy. It was worth every penny. Keep in mind that the train from Paris to Normandy is expensive and was not something we had expected. Nothing to do with the tour company itself- just a friendly heads up.

1  Thank staci s
Write a ReviewReviews (2,453)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our tour, led by the excellent Colin, packed a huge amount into the day. Covering the British and Canadian beaches we went from museums to cemeteries to battlefields. In addition to a huge knowledge and enthusiasm for his subject, Colin added a range of anecdotes from veterans that no history book will give you. Hugely enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We took the half day tour to Omaha beach and 3 other stops. We communicated by email in advance and all the arrangements were specifically detailed in confirming emails. Dominique was our guide and she was knowledgable, well informed and worked well with our group of 8. The information she provided really helped us understand the happenings of those terrible days. We would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank 320Palms
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Brigitte picked us up promptly at the Port of La Harve for a day long tour of Normandy and drop us at our hotel in Bayeux. The vehicle was clean and spacious and Brigitte was a very good driver and extremely knowledgeable of the Normandy Invasion history. It was a very memorable day. Besides the beaches she took us to some out of the way places that were extremely interesting. We would highly recommend Brigitte and thank you Brigitte for a wonderful Day.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had the full day tour with guide Stefan in August, 2014. I didn't know much about WWII before the tour, so I went to learn and understand more about D-Day and what occurred in Normandy. Stefan explained each site in detail, and answered any question that was asked completely. He was a wealth of knowledge and a terrific tour guide. The tour van was comfortable and air-conditioned. There were several opportunities for restroom breaks, and a lunch break. I came away from the tour not only knowing a lot more about D-Day, but about the conditions in which it was fought, and of the bravery and sacrifice made on that day. It was a full 10 hours but felt like half that. I'd absolutely recommend the tour and I'd happily take the same or another tour again.

Some random tips: Consider bringing an umbrella and jacket- it rains frequently in Normandy, although usually not for long. It can also be quite windy.

The full day tours begin at 8:20 a.m., and at this time that requires already being in the area the morning of the tour, since trains from Paris do not arrive in time. A train from Paris in the morning would arrive in time for an afternoon half day tour and be able to get you back the same day after the tour finishes.

Watching the movies "The Longest Day" or "Band of Brothers" (depending on which tour you choose) before visiting the area is a great way to get a jump on learning a little more about the events of the day.