“Lovely and delicious”
Review of La Fringale

La Fringale
Ranked #20 of 97 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Lovely and delicious”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our last day in Normandy and it was a great way to end a splendid 4 days. The service was excellent and friendly, despite the fact that neither my husband or I speak French. Our servers - David and Laetitia were very nice and did a great job translating words for us and trying to describe the dishes in English. Everything came out quickly and the perfect temperature. I selected the escargot for my app - it was piping hot, tasted heavenly and there was plenty of bread to dip into the remaining sauce. My husband had the salad with toasted goat cheese. It was a huge salad and tasted wonderful. For the main course I had the scallop dish with leek fondue and my husband had the duck. We were very pleased with the portion size, taste, presentation and satisfaction of both main courses. Note that we are both foodies, so we can be a little difficult to please. Dessert was a cheese plate with local cheeses. We also had a tart and crepe - both wonderful. We highly recommend this restaurant for the food, service, pleasant atmosphere, and overall dining experience. We will definitely return when we come back to Normandy.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ShoboD

Orlando, Florida
“Delicious French meal”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I ordered the pork Normand and my wife ordered the turkey version of it. They were both delicious, as well as the veggies that came with them. It really didn't seem like it had apples in it. Maybe it wasn't supposed to and I am suffering from jet lag. Either way, it was delicious.

My prix fixe meal also came with veggie soup and chocolate mousse. The mousse was delicious and the soup was pretty good.

I would go again. I didn't see oysters on the menu, which I was really hoping for.

House wine is a great deal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tannershamrock
Kendal, United Kingdom
“A memorable dinner”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

A excellent choice of low, medium and high priced three course meals. Food was delicious and service very good and attentive. Extremely good value.

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best Meal of the Entire Trip”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We ended up trying this restaurant because I heard a random man in the street recommending it to someone else. He said he had eaten there last night and that they should try it. We figured we would take the recommendation as well and gave it a try! We were seated right away and the staff at the restaurant were all wonderful, friendly and patient. We had the fixed price menu for 17 euros which was very reasonable. The first course was a pureed vegetable soup which was SO good!!!!! I've never had anything like it. Second course was beef bourguignon, with vegetables and potatoes. Again, very very good! For our dessert, we had ice cream which was also great. I highly recommend this restaurant!!! It is definitely a good value!

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic, well priced bistro in centre of Bayeux”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Went here as just down road from our hotel. Service was fantastic, food was very good. Simple, high quality French fare. €15 for entree, main & desert at lunch. Waitress was very pleasant & helpful despite our deficiency in the French language. Closed on Tuesdays.

• Visited June 2013