“An afternoon of insight, interest, education and good humour.”

Battle of Normandy Tours
Ranked #10 of 40 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: A Private Military Tour Guide service for Personalized tours of the D-Day Landing Beaches and other Second World War Battle sites in Normandy
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ed is a sublime and exceptional tour guide with all the attributes one would want. A dry and sharp wit, a keen intellect and a natural story teller. Combine these with a near encyclopedic knowledge of the battles, locations and the human stories of the Normandy campaign and you have a day that simply is one of the best battlefield tour experiences that you could enjoy. A wonderful time was had by our group who ranged in age from 81 to 24. i really cannot recommend this enough to anyone hoping to understand the events of 1944.

1  Thank Ian H

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I both feel that Edward absolutly made our trip to Normandy. He made the sites come alive with pictures and descriptions, tailored the tour to our interests as we went along, made allowences for my knee and hip problems, was really fun to be with, AND recommended the best food!! We would highly recommend his tours to anyone. His passion and knowledge made the days fly by and we were sorry when the days ended.

3  Thank Deb M
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you are planning a tour of D-Day sites I suggest you schedule several days with Edward and then build the rest of your trip around those dates. He is that good. As a retired United States Army officer I wanted a guide who has a deep enough grasp of the events to take me beyond my professional experience and research and Edward did not disappoint. He points out key features and details the help the client understand the challenges, successes and failures of the battle. Even better, he has an irreverent sense of humor that echoes the battlefield humor so common in combat. It is almost like having Monty Python leading the tour. Everyone in our group, both soldier and civilian, felt his tour was the high point of our week in Normandy. Hire him!

5  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I am an Officer in the United States Army and we hired Ed Robinson to conduct our Staff Ride Education on the Normandy Invasion. Ed was brilliant, knowledgeable, and entertaining. I thought he was so good that I hired him as a personal Normandy Tour Guide for my Family. I have a Five year Old Daughter and a Seven Year old Son. Ed customized the tour for them. The kids absolutely loved the way Ed made them feel like they were in the Army during WWII. I was sad to read that someone criticized Ed for calling his teenagers "Maggots". He called my kids "maggots" as well and they absolutely loved the experience. I couldn't help but notice the guy who criticized Ed was from Orlando, FL. I suspect he thought Mickey Mouse would come and tell the kids that Normandy was some epic battle fought between The Sorcerer's Apprentice and evil forces. Give me a break. Bottom Line: Ed is the best. Hire him. You will not be disappointed. Quite the contrary, you will be thrilled!

2  Thank BudMan_11
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Excellent tour! My father (aged 77) and I spent two days with Edward touring the Normandy D-Day sites. Edward was the perfect guide. He's extremely knowledgable and enjoyable to be with. I'm looking forward to going back with my teenage son and will no doubt be booking Edward again. I can't see how touring the sites can be done in a meaningful way without a guide, and Ed is the perfect choice!

2  Thank TRj2014