“Everyone's favorite experience of our England - France trip!”

Dale Booth Normandy Tours
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a fully private, guided D-Day tour, where history is told with knowledge and passion;then book a tour with Dale Booth Normandy Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Within the first 15 minutes it was clear to me why Dale's is #1. His knowledge of WWII and the area, and his passion for providing a quality tour is evident from the start. We were a family group of 6 - my wife and I and 4 children ages 15 to 23 (2 girls and 2 boys), and while I knew my wife and I would keep our interest at a high level throughout the day, I set what I thought were realistic expectations regarding all the kids who are easily distracted. All my kids (and my wife and I) were captivated by Dale and the way he presents the information for the entire day. We were all left wanting to see more - as there is too much to see in a single day. But still if you only have a day as we did - do it - and let it up to Dale - he will absolutely get you to the right places and you will not feel like you have missed out on anything. We all agreed that our tour with Dale was the highlight of the trip which surprised me a little only because I thought the London nightlife would have the been the highlight for a couple of the older kids. We hope to be back in Normandy again, and will definitely work any such trip around Dale's availability.

Also, just as important - he is a great, fun, and personable guy!

One additional note - we we're originally going to do a one day tour starting with the morning train from Paris and returning to Paris in the evening the same day. In order to avoid the stress of getting everyone to the train station early in the morning, we decided to take the train to Bayeux the afternoon before and have Dale pick us up from our hotel the next morning (as suggested by Dale's wife though her responsive email correspondence). Absolutely way to go! Bayeux was a beautiful and charming town with great cuisine!!

2  Thank BrPCalifornia
There are newer reviews for Dale Booth Normandy Tours

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the tour to take if you want to REALLY learn about WWII. Dale is extremely knowledgeable and makes history come alive. Wasn't sure what to expect from the tour - had in my mind we would tour to different sites while our guide reeled off a bunch of facts. Instead, Dale explained what happened, with maps, pictures as well as drawing diagrams - it really helped to understand what actually happened and the impact it had on lives. Would recommend anyone who wants a more in depth knowledge of D-Day to book Dale as your guide - he is well worth it.

2  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The four of us adults spent a marvelous day with Dale Booth on May 30, 2014, touring the D Day areas of Normandy. It was exciting to see the preparations for the 70th anniversary of D Day. Our focus was the 1 day, American tour. He picked us up at our hotel promptly at 8:30 and returned us there at 5:00. He is a remarkable teacher, blending many accounts of servicemen he has met, and from the research he has done. He does a masterful job of blending personal accounts with historic information, often using drawings in the sand to represent some of the operations along the beaches plus the German offensives awaiting the Allied troops, 9 hours flew by. As already mentioned in another review, we, too, had our lunch at a small war museum. Great experience. This was my second experience touring the D Day area, and my time with Dale was extraordinary in all ways. Touring in his car with a small group was the best way to see and learn the highlights of this historic event. He books up quickly and is in great demand. Don't hesitate to contact him. He responses quickly to inquiries. The four of us retired teachers all feel that our experience with Dale Booth was the definite highlight of our 18 day trip to Paris, Normandy, and London.

1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Travelled to Normandy with my father (WWII vet) to tour Normandy around the 70th anniversary of D Day. Brilliant tour. Dale was very respectful of dad and asked him loads of questions about his experiences. Dale's tours are full of accounts he's received from other vets and his own researches. It's definitely his passion and he does a brilliant job of it. We did the 2 day American tour. I would suggest that a two day tour is the way to go. One day is too little time. Would love to go back and take the British tour. His book is also an excellent source and a great read.

1  Thank Diver_chica
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I would highly recommend touring with Dale Booth! This man is so passionate about history that it comes alive for you as he is speaking. We are a family of four (all adults) that spent a day with Dale just two weeks ago. All of us were always interested in WWII history, but now we are obsessed with learning all we can about this time period. Dale also took us to a small war museum for lunch that was amazing. The owner of the museum spent time with us during lunch, showing us an actual German bayonet, a cyanide capsule and a German military officials hat. We were able to take pictures with the items, my son actually wearing the hat. The museum also has fresco walls with pictures of German soldiers. Dale is very personable and makes you feel right at home with him. Make sure he draws out the wederstan nest for you in the sand! Also recommend his book.

2  Thank youwannaknow