We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Chateau de Bellefontaine in March 2014 and it was wonderful. Our rooms were located in the lovely guest building made up of the "Duplex Suites", and featured beautiful views from the enormous glass doors and windows that opened to the gorgeous spring time weather and views of the lively pond, full of pairs of a variety of waterfowl sedately cruising the waterway, and perennial blooms. Quality shower and bathroom with robes, quality mattresses,bedding, stocked mini-bar and small refrigerator, iPod dock, large flat screen TV. Wifi is offered in the beautiful salon of the main house, as well as use of the hotel's Mac. We did not dine at the hotel, but did enjoy a bottle of the delicious locally produced Calvados in the elegant salon the first night before walking into the village of Bayeux for dinner. Set just outside the center of town on acreage of green meadows and it's own vegetable gardens, the hotel is approx 15 minutes walk to center of village, along quiet streets; there's one intersection to cross where the hotel road crosses the grass lined divided avenue, but it has a pedestrian crossing area to make it easy, and the small amount of traffic we encountered(in March) is used to stopping for pedestrians crossing this. The "country" feeling of the setting was a welcome change from the bustle of Paris and other urban places.The hotel staff also calls the local taxi company if needed-they arranged for a taxi to pick us up and return us to the train station, a short drive (and around 5-6 euros) from the hotel. The staff of Hotel Chateau de Bellefontaine is professional, efficient, courteous and accommodating. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Normandy region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel