We booked rooms 11, 12 and 14 on the top floor of the chateau for 3 nights over Easter. Nicely decorated, a very comfortable bed, and clean. Not large rooms but enough character and nice views of the grounds. The managers (owners?) and staff were friendly and helpful. The main public rooms are really lovely, the grounds well kept and the ducks, geese and swans a delight. Breakfast was a bit Fawltyesque at times and there never seemed to be a time when the buffet was fully stocked, but the 'interactive' menu - boil your own eggs, make your own pancakes, squeeze your own oranges, etc - was fun.
The hotel's location on the edge of town made it easy to drive to, parking in the grounds was easy with more than enough space (compare that with the town centre hotels and busy narrow main streets). The 10-minute walk into town was easy on empty narrow streets with a pavement, and all of the town's sites and restaurants walkable.
Satnav note. The street is Rue de Bellefontaine, don't forget the 'de'!
The only problem we had was with the original booking process, which had made me a little wary about our stay. I'm more than happy we persevered!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel