We stayed at the Chateau for 2 nights while visiting Normandy area. It is about a 10 minute walk into town or to the train station. We had a large room with a seating area which definitely needed updating. The beds pushed together to make a king size bed seemed old and were uncomfortable. The bedding also seemed dated. The rug needed replacing. While everything was clean, it just seemed old. The bathroom on the other hand was updated, spacious and nice. The room itself had nice amenities to include wine, calvados, snacks, and nice bath products. Don't even think of using the hairdryer!!! I tried to dry my hair, but gave up the airflow was so weak. Avoid washing hair if you need a hairdryer.
Breakfast was fine, not great, but fine. No, it was not included and seemed a bit pricey at 14 euro per person, but it had eggs (you boil yourself), pancakes (you make yourself), yogurts, meats, cheeses, breads, fruits, juices, cereal, bacon and potatoes. Basically everything you need.
Dinner in the dining room however was delicious!!!! We didn't even know they served dinner. When we checked in they asked if we would like to have a table for dinner. The first night we ate in town, but the second night at the Chateau. Make sure you let them know early you want a table...don't think you can just walk in last minute. We didn't know what to expect, but we walked into a beautifully elegant dining room with formally set tables. Every table was occupied. The food was excellent as was the service. There was one young man waiting on the 8-10 tables and he was working extremely hard. Sometimes had to ask for things twice, but he had his hands full so it was okay. I don't know if the dinner is only for hotel guests as I don't see it listed in the Bayeux restaurants, but it was great!!!!
The Chateau public areas and grounds were beautiful. Just the room we had needed updating, not sure about other rooms. I read about the "not too friendly woman"...I know exactly who they are referring to. Please know she was fine, but not overly friendly and outgoing...think it's just her personality. Everyone else was very nice.
Personally I would have preferred to stay right in town for convenience, but this was a nice alternative and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel