A beautiful setting but out of town thus limiting dining options unless you drive. Public areas (restaurant, bar) are attractive but a bit formal.
Large and comfortable room (ours was in the main Chateau), large and comfortable bed, large and comfortable bathroom! Towels rather miserably thin.
Didn't eat breakfast, which seemed quite expensive, and there are plenty of other options in Bayeux. Ate in the restaurant both nights as we didn't fancy driving into town after long days of sightseeing and feet not up to a 20 minute walk! Table d'hote is decent value but doesn't change on a daily basis, a la carte expensive. Wine expensive. Service in the restaurant varied between acceptable on the first night and dreadful on the second - over an hour for the starter to arrive (1 soup and 1 salad!).
I found front desk staff helpful despite comments from other reviewers but I speak good French and the staff speak very little English. My husband, who speaks only a little French, says he would have struggled on his own. Rather a shortcoming in a hotel that accommodates mostly English speaking guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel