“Incredible”

Around Europe Battlefields Tours Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 34 things to do in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Normandy D-Day Beaches tour, Guided tour of Omaha Beach,American Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Utah Beach, Ste Mere Eglise. Cruise ship shore Excursions from Normandy Ports, Private tour, Schedule group tour from Bayeux, we have a full range of vehicles from sedan to buses.
Windermere, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently went to Normandy with my father as sort of a "last-second" trip to a place where we had such an amazing time five years prior. Bayeux is magnificent and beautiful and centrally located;easily accessible by train or car from Paris.

As for the tour itself, it was simply incredible. You can clearly tell that Francois genuinely loves the subject and what he does, as he effortlessly takes you back in time with fascinating stories and facts about D-Day. He is clearly very educated on D-Day, but what separates Francois apart from other D-Day historians is his determination to give the "big picture" and take you to only the most important locations to the battle. No matter how old or interested in D-Day you may be, you will end the tour with not only a more complete understanding of everything D-Day, but also a numerous amount of stories to take home.

I highly recommend Francois to anyone interested in D-Day or simply looking for something awesome to do while in Normandy.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Andrew H

Northport, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Day trip with my 18 yr old Daughter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I just came back from a D-Day excursion last month with my daughter. Francois met us at the Carentan train station after a short 2.5 hour ride from Paris. My daughter was doing this for me but Francois changed that. He was a terrific guide. He allowed me to sort of self guide and adjusted his approach as we went along to touch on particular aspects of the events of June 6th that were of interest to me, a former intelligence officer. We explored numerous locations; some obvious and some not so much so. Francois' ability to tailor his approach to not only me but my daughter made him invaluable. He brought the battle to life in stark terms and we learned much that was sobering as well as heroic. We left better for the experience and I cannot recommend Francois highly enough.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Tom M
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An expert and a communicator”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We are a UK family (Dad and teenage son who is fascinated by WWII)

There were four of us in total on a day tour of British and Canadian sectors - we looked at D.Day beaches, batteries, museums and many other locations all planned by Francois who picked us up from our hotel and hosted our day. (the other two were a trainee guide and museum worker sent to develop her knowledge)

Francois was exceptionally knowledgeable, enthusiastic and always happy to answer questions and accommodate our particular interests. Whatever we asked he explained in depth, we could not find a gap in his knowledge however obscure the questions. He explained all with great clarity, good English and in an compelling way. At one point in the day a tour guide from another company even approached him to ask for information!

We thoroughly recommend Francois for creating a day of outstanding memories for us and bringing history alive.

Merci and thank you.
Peter and Daniel

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Peter D D
Peterborough, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A certain must do in Normandy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Recently me and my partner went to Normandy and came across this company at the tourist information centre in Bayeux. After choosing this tour and meeting our guide Francois, we had the most fantastic time. Our half day tour was noon until 7pm and took us around all the main American and 'Band of Brothers' points of interest. The way Francois explained what we were seeing and went into depth on many points couldn't have been better. I'd certainly recommend Francois to anyone going to Normandy and will be hopeful to have him again should I ever return. If you want a guide in Normandy who has a passion and knowledge for the D Day landings as well as a friendly and professional service, this is your man!!!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Sean E
Peterborough, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A truly brilliant tour and tour guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Having had much trouble finding a tour for two at a good price and out of season, luck had it we chose this tour from the ones available at tourist information in Bayeux. Francois picked us up and tailored a tour around our interests, both being British he included information and places to do with British sectors and my boyfriend being interested in band of brothers and the American sectors. We were taken to sites and given information which made history come to life. Such as, American interpretive centre and cemetery, Omaha beach, pointe du hoc, Utah beach, airborne museum, st mere eglise church, and many surrounding towns as visited by American and British sectors and shown on band of brothers. The detailed informations and images also added much to the experience. He answered all of my weird and wonderful questions and gave me extra details about Bayeux, restaurants and places to visit in France and England to do with WW2. I couldn't compliment Francois and his tour enough!!! 5/5 a must do with Around Europe Battlefield Tours!!!!

Visited March 2014