“Maybees Aye Maybees Naw”
Review of Hotel Le Bayeux

Hotel Le Bayeux
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bayeux
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My son and I stayed here for one evening .To be fare the staff at reception were very helpful in assisting us with parking the hired car in their car park which was more of an alley than a conventional parking area but quite safe none the less. I note the post regarding the manager "type" lady who shot me a scowl at reception, certainly not a good first impression but nothing to worry about. The room we had was certainly clean although the shower/WC area was quite restrictive in a sitting position if you get my drift, again nothing to worry about. Breakfast was held upstairs in a typical buffet style with plenty of choice with the only problem being the endless queue of people who seem to take 50 million years to actually get what they want and leave the area ! Overall I wasnt too dissappointed in this hotel but nothing to shout about either.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Kind of expensive for what you get but breakfast was certainly adequate, the entire property is clean, good bathroom, but very small room for 3 persons. Could barely get our luggage past the end of the beds. But for one night it was fine. Beds seemed quite old and smallish. The staff was so accommodating, friendly, and helpful. And they spoke English for us. We had no problems with noise from other rooms as some reviewers have mentioned. I would stay again for a night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great location but dreadful staff and services. The receptionist is friendly and helpful, but the lady who appears to be the manager is, to be honest, quite rude. She abruptly opened the door of our room which is locked, and told us to get out for the room to be cleaned. The room was not properly cleaned. They did not supply us with enough toilet tissue and did not resupply afterwards. There's no kettle in the room, only one in the lobby. If you want a cup of tea or coffee, you will have to pay 2 euros into the piggybank beside the coffee machine. Breakfast is not included in the room rate, and is definitely not worth paying for it. I won't be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

The pluses: great location, very nice staff, large rooms.
The minuses: noise, decor, unuseful space.
At $225 a night, I did not expect linoleum floors. Didn't need five beds since I was only a single. Screaming children next room plus constantly heard conversations from reception area.

Best for families.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My son (12) and I went on a trip of 5 countries. Of all the places we stayed this even beat out a beautiful penthouse in Rome. You truly felt at home. I am 51, and I felt that Mom and Dad were waiting for me at the door to see how my adventures went. They suggested great places to eat, and helped order tours for us. The breakfast was more then fulfilling. The room was clean and large. We could hear a bit of noise from the room next to us, be we actually liked it, as my son said, "it sounds like the rest of the family are having fun." The picture makes the place look smaller then it is. The location is so perfect, walking distance to many places. Train station is very very close. I am bringing my Husband next time. Thank you, to all the staff..........keep up the excellent service you offer. Cheers, Tia

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 1Po
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this quaint hotel. It was within walking distance (with bags) from the train station, and the old downtown area. The breakfast included many choices of pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt. The staff was extremely gracious, and helpful with suggestions for dinner and directions around town. During our stay it was D-day week and Mothers Day (in France) - a very busy time for the area - however service was still excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

If you are looking for wow factor you are in the wrong place but if you are after a clean room, shower and a wifi connection than this place fits the bill. Maybe a little bit pricey but it is located close to the station, the Bayeux Cathedral, the Tapestry museum and the departure point for D-Day tours.
Breakfast is nothing to write about, probably a bit over priced but if you are heading out for a early morning tour it is probably a good option.
Staff are friendly and helpful. Great for a functional one or two nights.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo