“Hotel Le Bayeux has friendly staff, clean rooms, and is conveinent to the Normandy sites”
Review of Hotel Le Bayeux

Hotel Le Bayeux
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Bayeux
London
Reviewed 21 February 2010

For people looking for a cheap AND clean AND convenient place to stay: 4 Stars
1. The price of this hotel is equal to that of any hostel in Bayeux, but the quality is closer to that of a Best Western.
2. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Wireless internet and breakfast are available.
3. Staff is EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. Any need or question you have they can help you with.
4. Super conveinent to Normandy sites whether with a car, scooter, or bicycle.
5. Rick Steves suggests Hotel Le Bayeux.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
quantico
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We arrived with a group of 30. Very warm welcome and fantastic helpful manager. Rooms are clean and convenient. The hotel is right in the middle of the town, close to everything.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
boston
Reviewed 7 January 2010

This was one of the few hotels open in January and the proprietress was very accommodating to our schedule changes, helpful with local information and with literature about the landing beaches. Rooms were basic but clean and well suited in every respect. The only other guests at the hotel missed their train out, came back late on a snowy night, and the proprietress came back from her diner and offered them several rooms for the price of one.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We arrived late afternoon without a reservation. Wewanted to stay 2 nights but they were booked the 2nd night. They were very helpful, and made a phone call and found us a room in a hotel in St. Mare Eglise. The room was small but very clean. We would have loved to stay there 2 nights. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Sittingbourne, Kent
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We stayed in the hotel for four nights. It was OK for the price, the rooms were clean and warm, plenty of hot water, and we slept well.

Unfortunately the lady running the hotel seemed to be rather bad tempered and made us feel like naughty schoolchidlren. For example:

- she insisted we paid on arrival (although this might be normal in France)
- she refused to take a card and would only take cash (despite a Visa sign present)
- we were put in a room with 'twin' beds, despite being married, and I had to ask for a 'double'
- when we bought some food for some tours we were going on, she would bark at us (in French) 'no food in the bedrooms' and it took some frantic basic French to ensure her we were not going to eat in the rooms. This happened twice. I can understand hot food but what's wrong with having a biscuit?
- she would snarl at us as we went in and out - except for when we finally left, when we got a cheery 'au revoir'

So although the rooms and facilities were fine, we would not go there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Good to have free WIFI...Owner very helpful...Sure helps to speak French...Very helpful booking tours as they are small companies with minivans.
Too bad about the skylight windows.Regular windows would be nicer.
Good location Rooms average ,but clean

Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 2 September 2009

The people at Le Bayeux were incredibly helpful to me and my group of travelers! We arrived on a Monday night about 11:00 PM. My daughter and I had just spent all the afternoon before in Paris, including a visit to the US Embassy, because I had accidentally left our passports on a tourist shop counter in Heidelberg. We were also scheduled tp fly out of Paris for the US (home) 2 days later----which did not leave much time to get replacement passports! Well, when we arrived at Le Bayeux we told the hotel owners/managers of our predicament and the fact that we would be forced to go back to Paris, as early the next morning as we could get a train, to sit through the process of getting new passports; we would return to Bayeux later that day but we had to take care of the passport issue first. (The rest of the group was to stay and do the planned Normandy tour.) Anyway, the hotel owners immediately jumped on the internet, ordered our train tickets for the next morning, and said that they would have a car wairing to drive us to the train station. I was relieved to some degree and we all went to bed. The next morning, not only did the hotel personnel take us to the train station in their own car (no cab), the lady gave me an English newspaper to read on our 2-hour ride! When we arrived at the station, she went in with us, talked to the clerk there, got our tickets, and handed them to us! I'm not saying that they paid for our tickets (we paid for the tix of course), but the hotel people did everything else possible that they could do for us to help us and make us feel at home.
As for general info on Le Bayeux, the accomodations at Le Bayeux reminded me of the beach house I used to stay in when I was little; it was very nice and homey. The location was great---right in the middle of the village. I walked 5 minutes (when I finally returned from Paris that afternoon with our passports) from the hotel to see the famous Bayeux Tapestry and if I had more time I could have easily walked to many more sites and quaint places in Bayeux. My daughter and I actually walked from the train station to the hotel upon our return from Paris that day---only about an 8 minute walk. I definitely want to go back to Bayeux one day and I will definitely stay at Le Bayeux again! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family