“Good decent food, nice price”
Review of Le Bistronome

Le Bistronome
Ranked #7 of 469 Restaurants in Caen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good decent food, nice price”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was staying at the Mercure practically next door so decided on this place for dinner.
Has a lovely view over the marina with good outdoor seating on their terrace. It was not busy when I went (nor was the rest of Caen it seemed) so the service was really good and quick when I ate here.
From the set menu (I think it was €18) I had six very fresh oysters with challottes and red wine. Delicious. For main I had the steak with bernaise which was ok, came with plenty of fries and a side salad. I'm not into deserts so opted for the cheese platter which had three local cheeses. One was a Livarot which was so delicious and creamy I asked the waitress to write it down. Never had it before so will need to source it here in Amsterdam.
Pichet of wine was only €5 and was quite drinkable so I ordered another but the waitress misunderstood my poor French and brought me a glass of wine which was €4. My fault rather than hers though I suspect.The bill was under €30 for a very nice meal.
Definitely would eat here again if back in Caen. They had lots of nice looking things on the menu and good value.

• Visited July 2014

Leeds
“Nice food at a fair price”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We spotted this restaurant whilst exploring during the day and returned for dinner as I was intrigued by the chicken skewer with lemon. I was delighted to find the dish was one of those offered on the three courses for 21.90 euros menu, After a bowl of tasty soup the skewer arrived suspended from a hook over a plate of lettuce with a cone of chips. It was pieces of chicken that had been marinated in lemon with peppers and mushroom. It was a very tasty dish presented in a nice way. It was one of those dishes you don't find very often but could eat over and over again. My wife chose a salad and that was tasty and of generous proportions.
As another reviewer has said there appeared to be only two people serving, a man and a woman. Although not overly friendly they did smile occasionally and service was efficient. I don't think I have ever seen two people move so fast as these two did. Not only were they taking orders and serving the meals but also looking after the bills and payments. The total bill for two meals, two drinks and two cappuccinos was 51.70 euros a little over £40.

• Visited June 2014