“Not a * Michelin, but a ***!!!”

Ivan Vautier Restaurant
Reserve with
Ivan Vautier Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 450 Restaurants in Caen
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Not a * Michelin, but a ***!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I were there for dinner. We've got a perfect experience, both the food and the service were impeccable.
We had the Menu Confiance, which the chef surprises you. And what a surprise! Amuse bouche, appetizer, fish. meat and dessert. For mere 52 euros, plus 30 euros for the wine pairing.
The food was light, smooth, delicious. Presentation, service... Each and all requisites for a ***.
Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Maurow

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went for the Tasting Menu at 93€, with accompanying wines at 42€.
The meal was outstanding and it ranked with the best of New York.
This restaurant deserves at least a second Michelin Star.
I urge you to go and have the meal of a lifetime.

• Visited April 2014
Paris
“Rising star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Fantastic food, a serious contender for a second michelin star. The menus are fairly priced, I had the grand tasting menu at 93€, which is a lot less than you pay at similar restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“IV”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Clearly a chef trying to go places, interesting menu, great plates and knives and forks in the busy restaurant and the IV motif everywhere. Food very good but a bit 'nouvelly'. Not quite my size of portion. Some good wines on the list and some good local affordable ones. Enjoyable meal.

Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Fine Hotel and Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Wanted to go to Normandy for the day. Found Ivan Vautier's Hotel on line through Trip Advisor. We arrived around 7PM. The staff was was very lovely and took us to our room which was extremely well appointed. Comfortable bed, great shower, no details overlooked. Lovely grounds. Parking. Mellow Le Chat. The Lobby was also lovely.
We were able to secure a dinner reservation at the last minute on their patio.They also have an inside portion of the restaurant. Every table is protected by a large umbrella. Tables far enough apart to allow privacy.The entire Garden/patio is surrounded by what looks like an old Roman Wall. Quite stunning.
The cuisine was superb. The Wait Staff were so helpful and professional. They did not speak much English but we managed to communicate. We started with a tomatoe sorbet and a mozzarella emulsion that was to die for. We shared an appetizer of mussels and lobster with a caviar and butter reduction that was sinful. Bread Great! My husband had a lamb tenderloin and I had tuna. Both excellent. For desert my husband had a selection of the most aromatic and delectable cheeses. Some so buttery they melted in your mouth. I had a Calavado apple desert that was so beautiful I hated to eat it , but once I started I could not stop because it tasted soooooo good. Deserves more that a one star Michelin review.
The only downside was the room was a little warm.
Overall I would Highly recommend both the hotel and the restaurant.
We will definitely return if we are in the area.
Wish we had stayed longer.

• Visited September 2013